Search

Fine Frequent Posters on useless content

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2011, 1:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K(0.7MM) Hilton Gold/La Quinta Gold
Fine Frequent Posters on useless content

As we know there are a number of people who post for the hell of it.

Unless and content, 90% wasted dribble

How about a system where these people can be reported as abusive users? including Mods.

You only need to look at a number of the big threads to see no contrib posts,

We are FT, sure it's say to search, some good people give links, others just say to search, post count +1.

I would like to see the reply on any message increased to 130 chars to reduce this.

If you have nothing to say, you can't do it in 130 chars.

I don't use twitteridiot my self, but it seems a safe limit.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 2:04 am

Interesting idea, but who evaluates if the post counts and how to do it? BTW this post is 129 chars long, is its content useless?
Old Jan 31, 2011, 3:28 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K(0.7MM) Hilton Gold/La Quinta Gold
Originally Posted by KIXman
Interesting idea, but who evaluates if the post counts and how to do it? BTW this post is 129 chars long, is its content useless?
True it's longer than 129 chars, but its longer and actually means something to the thread.

The same limits on postings is inforced, just increased, the computers do the inforcing, not the mods. no change needed from the mods from the current standard.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 6:39 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Unfortunately, "content useless" is in the eye of the reader...

Limiting posts to 130 characters would probably just lead to people posting multiple messages to get their point across.

I personally wish people would not quote entire messages.... just quote the portion needed for your response to make sense... not the entire thing.

W
Old Jan 31, 2011, 9:25 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Since this is not a "technical issue," I will close this and call to the attention of the Community Director for whatever response she might wish to make.

cblaisd
Senior Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.