Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thread not getting marked as read

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2011, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Thread not getting marked as read

I'm subscribed to a thread in the UA forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-new-post.html

However, the most recent post in that thread was moved to a new thread (a 2011 version of the thread). Clicking that link above actually results in me viewing the 2011 version of the thread (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post15566682), not the most recent post in the 2010 version of the thread.

As such, no matter how many times I click that link, that particular thread (the 2010 one) keeps showing up in my Subscribed Threads section of MyFlyerTalk (i.e. it still appears unread).

Seems like some wires got crossed somewhere. Odd that clicking the "most recent post" of one thread actually takes me to another thread.

Also, manually going to the 2010 thread and visiting the last page does not mark the thread as read, either, so it looks like it'll be stuck there forever.

We'll see what happens if more posts are added to the 2010 thread or if the 2010 thread is closed, but for now, it looks like a bug. Just wanted to report it.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Seems to have resolved itself. Not showing up as unread anymore. FlyinHawaiian posted new posts in both threads, so once those posts were viewed, that appears to have reset things.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 3:02 pm

Weird. I'm not sure why this happened.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.