Wiki Posts
Search

FlyerTalk blue-screens my laptop

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2010, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt, AA
FlyerTalk blue-screens my laptop

I "kid" you not. The past couple days, when I post on FT, and only when I have the posting window open, my computer (Dell Latitude d830) bluescreens with a page fault . This only happens with FT, and only when I'm typing a post, and only on Firefox. Also it doesn't happen consistently - happened 4-5 times yesterday, once today. I wised up and switched to IE just for FT posts

I know this is incredibly unlikely (I feel ashamed even asking this question since I'm a software engineer), but has anyone seen something like this before? Some firefox bug I'm guessing?

In any case, weird huh?

Last edited by Randy Petersen; Dec 6, 2010 at 2:40 pm Reason: "kid" profanity replacement
Old Dec 6, 2010, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Isn't there a crash log or something that tells you what crashes on Firefox? That log may give you some clues to "locate" the troublemaker/s.

I used to have similar problems with IE when surfing FT. The problem file was flash6.ocx.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.