Wiki Posts
Search

"The Connection Has Been Reset"

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2010, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K
"The Connection Has Been Reset"

I keep getting this message after I click a link (any link) on this forum. But when I then refresh the page, it loads properly.

Has anyone else experience a similar issue?

If it matters, I use Firefox. I have never had this issue before.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 8:59 pm

I too use Firefox but have not had the problem you mentioned. I just tested a couple of links and all worked as it should.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 6:55 am

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
I also use FF and since logging on to FT yesterday, have had this issue well over 90% of the time (in several different forums)

However, I need to hit the retry button at least 5 or 6 times before the page will load properly and remain visible on screen.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 7:09 am

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Reset Connection is also an issue

using IE

While not as frequent a problem as when using FF, still rather frustrating to have to constantly reload pages and hope they stick
Old Nov 11, 2010, 8:13 am

Programs: United MP
I posted about this before. It happened only in Firefox, and only on FT. I gave up and switched to Chrome, and then to Opera to browse FT. Has worked perfect. Tried Firefox 2 days ago and it still has the problem. I assume it is caused by a plug-in in Firefox, but not sure.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 1:19 am
Suspended

hi

Yes, i all ready experience that problem, it matter on the connection you have or the ping of the website. thanks
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
This has been happening to me regularly for at least the past month. It's definitely a problem with the FT server.

I have experienced this issue with Firefox and IE on both of my laptops in addition to workstations at work on dozens of different internet connections.

Very very frustrating!

I suspect it has something to do with the 3rd party ads. The page will essentially load completely, render fully or almost fully then quickly throw the error.

EDIT: the Firefox error log confirms problems with the ads.

Last edited by vxmike; Nov 16, 2010 at 10:03 pm
Old Nov 24, 2010, 2:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
OOPS i posted this on the "wrong" thread already. I am in HKG and having this problem.. Its doing on both Firefox and Explorer.

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 2:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
I just downloaded google chrome and it also does not work!
I can see I am addicted to FT
Old Jan 6, 2011, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K
I continue to have this problem in FF...

I've tried Chrome, but I've found that that leads to another issue...where a new page will only load the header banner and get stuck. I have to refresh a few times (just as in FF) before the page loads properly.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 2:01 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Another data point:

I experienced this error twice recently, the latest time at a specific hotel in New Zealand. I stayed at 3 different hotels on the trip and saw this problem only at one specific hotel, and only on flyertalk.com. I used FF and did not try other browsers.

My workaround was to use the mobile site m.flyertalk.com, which functioned perfectly. After reaching my next hotel, I switched back to the regular site and have not had the problem recur.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 2:16 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi all,

Had the same problem, but with the same symptons as Mike above. It only happened in 1 specific hotel. Switched hotels and the problem has not re-appeared.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jan 7, 2011, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Just encountered this problem 4 times within the last 10 minutes. Using Firefox and was navigating from flyertalk.com/forum to different forum (i.e. SPAM) and this connection-was-reset thread. I know, how ironic!

This is what I got:
The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
ps. When submitting this reply, I was hit again with the connection reset warning.

Last edited by lin821; Jan 12, 2011 at 12:01 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 10, 2011, 1:52 pm

Thanks for the reports.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 12:12 pm

Programs: AADVANTAGE, Iberia Plus, BA Exec Blue, Hertz #1Gold, HHonors Gold, AS, Paradores Amigos
I've been suffering this for a long time. If it helps, I am invariably accessing American-AAdvantage forum using Firefox. Extremely frustrating.

EDIT: PS I do not get the problem if I route via the "ONSPEED" Proxy Server(I don't normally use this any more as it tends to slow me down rather than what they claim!).

Last edited by johnash; Jan 13, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.