Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Google Chrome crashing only on FT.com

Old Oct 5, 2010, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP & million miler

When I navigate to FT via bookmark, search link, or typing in Flyertalk.com, Google Chrome completely crashes. Not happening with Firefox. Anyone else? This just started today for me, not sure what steps to take other than use Firefox.

Also crashing at Amazon.com. Must be something local on my machine. Did an uninstall and re-install which did not help.

Last edited by masonp123; Oct 5, 2010 at 7:39 pm Reason: more info
Old Oct 6, 2010, 10:42 am

I'm running Chrome (Mac) and not experiencing the same issues. If you're on a PC, you might try the solutions offered by Google here.

Hope this helps.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 2:05 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA-1P AB-Gold SPG-Plat Hilton-DIA Hyatt-DIA PC-Gold MR-Plat Hertz-PC
I'm running Google Chrome 6.0.472.63 and it's working fine. Has always been working fine^
Old Oct 6, 2010, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP & million miler
Yea-must be 'me'. Have found several other instances where chrome is crashing unrelated to FT. Sorry for the distraction - will PM mod to close thread.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 5:12 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
I'm not sure the thread should close, if the issue crops up again with someone else, I think it would be helpful to keep it open for them to report it.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 2:52 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I have had issues with that, too, and it turned out that Chrome was not really the problem, but Flash was. Sometimes it helps to manually kill the Flash process from the Chrome Task Manager.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.