FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   How can I Unsubscribe from a thread? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/1075551-how-can-i-unsubscribe-thread.html)

Silver Fox Apr 18, 2010 12:36 pm

How can I Unsubscribe from a thread?

Unless I am missing the obvious I see no way of unsubscribing from an individual thread, if there is a way could you let me know please.

UPDATE: I have just seen how to do it - talk about not seeing the woods for the trees.

insular Jan 22, 2012 1:41 am

cannot unsubscribe within iphone app

i do not easily find a unsubscribe button as i do for subscribe. any advice please pm. thanks.

IBobi Jan 23, 2012 12:36 pm

There is no unsubscribe button in the app; you will need to visit the full site (which you can do from your mobile browser if you like) to unsubscribe from a thread.

Paul

nanp Feb 24, 2012 9:33 am

how can I unsubscribe?

When I have posted a question on FT, I receive emails when there are follow up posts. I do not know HOW I subscribed but I would like to stop receiving these emails(the questions have been answered months ago). I have clicked on the Unsubscribe link provided in the email but that just takes me to the ongoing forum and I cannot see in my profile any subscriptions.

Nancy

wharvey Feb 24, 2012 12:56 pm

On the Forum List page... click on "List Subscriptions" on the left.

This will bring up all your thread subscriptions.

Click on the box to the right for each thread that you wish to unsubscribe from. Then go down to the Pull Down box and choose "No Email Notifications".

nanp Feb 24, 2012 5:32 pm

List Subscriptions on the left.

I could not find the above anywhere. I did sign-in and went to MyFlyerTalk, somehow found Subscriptions, then followed your directions. It seems that every time I post a question, I am subscribed to that forum/thread.
I just changed my Default Notification in Options to no email. Thanks.

N

SanDiego1K Feb 24, 2012 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by nanp (Post 18077103)
List Subscriptions on the left.

I could not find the above anywhere. I did sign-in and went to MyFlyerTalk, somehow found Subscriptions, then followed your directions. It seems that every time I post a question, I am subscribed to that forum/thread. Do I need to change a setting somewhere, so I can be proactive rather than reactive?

N

Go to "My FlyerTalk".

In left hand column, go to "Edit Options"

Go partway down page to:

Default Thread Subscription Mode
When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
Default Thread Subscription Mode:

There you can toggle between several options including "no email notification" or "instant email notification"

nanp Feb 24, 2012 5:43 pm

SanDiego,
Your post and my editing crossed. I looked earlier to find a way to change my subscriptions, do not understand why I could find it now.

N