Missing Security Token?

Old Jan 6, 2010, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Missing Security Token?

What's the deal with this message? I get this message often on this website.

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Last edited by 100% Green; Jan 6, 2010 at 3:19 pm
Old Jan 7, 2010, 1:12 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Even though I'd run into numerous IT glitches/errors on FT in the past, I've never seen this one before.

You say it's been a consistent problem for you. It may help if you can let the admin know what's your OS/browser, and which forums/threads you are visiting when it happens.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by lin821
Even though I'd run into numerous IT glitches/errors on FT in the past, I've never seen this one before.

You say it's been a consistent problem for you. It may help if you can let the admin know what's your OS/browser, and which forums/threads you are visiting when it happens.
Interesting, I get it occasionally (not always).

Windows XP
Firefox
Happens in all forums when I attempt to post something.

Note: In fact, it just happened to me again when I attempted to post this.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 12:39 pm

We'll take a look.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 3:21 pm

When you get this error, are you using the "Post Reply" button which takes you to a new page or are you using the "Quick Reply" feature? I can't duplicate it so any descriptive assistance you can give would be appreciated.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have been getting this same error message every single time I've tried to submit a post (using the standard Post Reply or Quote button) over the past week. If I click the back button, then refresh, then submit again, it goes through. But each time I hit Submit the first time, I get this message.

I don't know if this is related, but there was a recent update to Firefox at about the same time this problem started happening. I am currently using Firefox 3.6.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Skyman65
I have been getting this same error message every single time I've tried to submit a post (using the standard Post Reply or Quote button) over the past week. If I click the back button, then refresh, then submit again, it goes through. But each time I hit Submit the first time, I get this message.

I don't know if this is related, but there was a recent update to Firefox at about the same time this problem started happening. I am currently using Firefox 3.6.
Any response? It is very irritating to have to go back and repost every single time.

Am I the only one having this problem?
Old Mar 22, 2010, 11:39 am

Any response? It is very irritating to have to go back and repost every single time.

Am I the only one having this problem?
No, you are not the only one having the problem, and we're still working on tracking it down.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IB-Dick
No, you are not the only one having the problem, and we're still working on tracking it down.
Thanks.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 12:03 pm

Thanks.
it *might* help is you click on this link: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php?styleid=-1 but I can't promise anything.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IB-Dick
it *might* help is you click on this link: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php?styleid=-1 but I can't promise anything.
It "seemed" to work for the first couple posts after clicking your link. But then reverted back to the same problem.

ETA: Including this post, which I had to submit twice.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 5:51 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
I've started getting this error on my Android when I reply to a post. The post does actually post, but you I have to go through a few clicks to get back to the forum.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Sorry to bump this old thread but I have been trying to upload a picture of an old Delta ad I recently found in my papers and I scanned to my iMac and I am now receiving this same error message. I have tried using both Safari and Firefox without any success.

Alert

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:40 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by RSSrsvp
Sorry to bump this old thread but I have been trying to upload a picture of an old Delta ad I recently found in my papers and I scanned to my iMac and I am now receiving this same error message. I have tried using both Safari and Firefox without any success.

Alert

Were you using the new file uploader? And what type of file were you uploading?
Old Sep 11, 2018, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Were you using the new file uploader? And what type of file were you uploading?
Yes I was and I tried to upload a jpeg and when that didn’t work a pdf.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.