Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Please Help! How the heck to I edit my signature?!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2009, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Location: San Francisco, Shanghai, Taipei, Hong Kong, Shenzhen.
Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diam, UA GS

I have been searching for days and can not seem to find anywhere where I can edit or create a signature for my forum posts. I know it must be possible because I see other people with signatures, I just can't seem to find it anywhere!

Please help oh forum masters!
Old Nov 6, 2009, 8:50 am

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/profi...=editsignature
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:06 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
The OP does not currently meet the qualifications to have signatures enabled; please see: http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#q79
Old Nov 6, 2009, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
As you hang out here more, you'll get a better sense of FT's structure. (With over 200,000 members and over 12,000,000 posts, it needs structure.) This forum is for activities involving FTers and other things of a personal or community nature. There's a Technical Issues forum in the Support & Services category that's intended for things like this. (You may even find that your question has already been answered there so you won't have to ask it again. In this case, there was a thread started October 16 that would have.)

Aside from keeping the forums cleaner, that's where most of the people who can answer technical questions are found. In this case the question was one that many FTers could answer so you found some here, but in general experts tend to congregate in their lairs.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 12:22 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Efrem
There's a Technical Issues forum in the Support & Services category that's intended for things like this.
Good suggestion and we've just moved it.

Thanks.

Old Nov 6, 2009, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
I don't know about anyone else, but when I am looking for help on a website (most any website), I look for something labeled "Help" (or sometimes "Support" or other similar concepts).

On FlyerTalk, there is a Help link at the top of each page, i.e.:

Home | Forums | Members | Extras | Help

If you click on Help, this Technical Issues forum is on the list, along with other useful information. @:-)
Old Nov 6, 2009, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by F0CUS
I have been searching for days and can not seem to find anywhere where I can edit or create a signature for my forum posts. I know it must be possible because I see other people with signatures, I just can't seem to find it anywhere!

Please help oh forum masters!
Go to open the menu to click Quick Links then scroll down to Myflyertalk and click edit signature and click on it. IF you want to type any info about your personal space. Then click save. It just easy way to do that for you.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by N830MH
Go to open the menu to click Quick Links then scroll down to Myflyertalk and click edit signature and click on it. IF you want to type any info about your personal space. Then click save. It just easy way to do that for you.
As FlyinHawaiian had pointed out, OP is not eligible for FT signature. Your suggest won't work. At least not until OP has met the 90/90 requirements.

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
The OP does not currently meet the qualifications to have signatures enabled; please see: http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#q79
Old Nov 6, 2009, 3:27 pm

Programs: Skywards, Velocity Rewards
Thanks to OP for asking about this - I too have been wondering about how to add a signature. Mystery solved (I don't have 90/90 either).@:-)
Old Nov 6, 2009, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your quick help.

Thanks for pointing out the Technical Support Forum.

I understand the rules, now but I still think that this should be a little clearer indicated in the Control Panel/MyFlyerTalk panel...

As you can imagine, searching for "signature" in the forum yeilds many unrelated results, and I even searched in the FAQ, which doesn't mention anything about the 90/90 rule.

Anyway, thanks everyone.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by F0CUS
Thanks everyone for your quick help.

Thanks for pointing out the Technical Support Forum.

I understand the rules, now but I still think that this should be a little clearer indicated in the Control Panel/MyFlyerTalk panel...

As you can imagine, searching for "signature" in the forum yeilds many unrelated results, and I even searched in the FAQ, which doesn't mention anything about the 90/90 rule.

Anyway, thanks everyone.
It's a relatively new implementation, I think--started on 10/1, I believe?

I agree that the documentation should be revised, though.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 11:55 pm
Original Poster

Also, this page: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/profi...=editsignature
should explain why I can not have a signature, not just say "you are not permitted"... Maybe have a link to the foum rules and the 90/90. Just my 2c.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.