Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Determining Fare Class on TAP

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2018, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by GBobon
I booked now a ticket in classic and have booking class O (O48CLC0B fare rule). I want to credit it to M+B, hope will get at least 50% miles...
I booked TPs Plus fare mainly for the better seats,better pitch,adjustable back & headrest,from CMN to OTP and ended up getting K class for In and T class for Outbound which earned
me 50% in K and 10% in T with M&S.

No possibility to check prior booking.Expedia and others only show the booking class for the cheapest fare,which was the same in this case.

I think the decision not to show the booking classes ''before '' you have paid is deliberate.If you want to earn miles and be on the safe side,you need to book TP Business class.

Conclusion : TP Plus seems to be good if you earn with their own program because it guaranties 100% Status Miles.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:22 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
Originally Posted by moeser
I booked TPs Plus fare mainly for the better seats,better pitch,adjustable back & headrest,from CMN to OTP
poor guy... you can trick very easy their system to get that premium economy seats for free
are you flying often with TP?
Old Jul 19, 2018, 12:22 pm

poor guy... you can trick very easy their system to get that premium economy seats for free
are you flying often with TP?
Really? How? I already booked discount tickets, but just wondering.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 6:39 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
Originally Posted by ranskis
I confirm that a TAP flight in super cheap O class booked as "basic" with luggage credits as an A class flight on AEGEAN miles and bonus program, so 50% of the flown miles with no minimum earning. I should have tried the classic or the flex O class to have another data point.
I booked now a ticket in classic and have booking class O (O48CLC0B fare rule). I want to credit it to M+B, hope will get at least 50% miles...
update: Aegean sees it as O class = 0 miles...
Old Feb 3, 2019, 6:10 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
I thought TAP credited to A3 according to ticket group (basic, classic, plus) now. Having previously had H fares in Classic only receive 50% miles, I now had classic in E but received a big fat zero. This was for MUC-LIS.

So is TAP now crediting nothing if the booking class not included in the A3 table, and downgrading the booking class according to fare group if it would earn? That would be reason for me not to step on a TAP aircraft again.

Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:40 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
I thought TAP credited to A3 according to ticket group (basic, classic, plus) now. Having previously had H fares in Classic only receive 50% miles, I now had classic in E but received a big fat zero. This was for MUC-LIS.

So is TAP now crediting nothing if the booking class not included in the A3 table, and downgrading the booking class according to fare group if it would earn? That would be reason for me not to step on a TAP aircraft again.

TP is shady in everything they do. It is the only *A airline I completely refuse to fly.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:16 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
TP is shady in everything they do. It is the only *A airline I completely refuse to fly.
TP are not the only members of *A that act shady. It's a shame, the alliance is one in name only. I refuse to research every flight I book for hours in advance to check which booking class the operating carrier will assign, or if I even get anything credited to my FFP of choice, if there are silly lounge access exception rules that prevent me using my *G privileges, or if I'm likely to be turfed out of my exit row seat on the whim of some gate agent preferring the looks of the HON. When alliance member airlines clearly favour their own members, hide or withhold benefits from other airlines elites or just generally obfuscate things then then I ask myself why they still bother to be in an alliance.

My request for missing miles came back as expected with the response from A3 that the booked class does not qualify for credit.
My request to credit 100% miles for my H class ticket (Basic) came back with the response that TAP now awards miles based on fare family and Basic only gives 50% and "correctly" credited as P.
So, TP is screwing us. Your booking class must now be high enough to credit AND your fare family booked must correspond. So, terms and conditions from A3 and TP must BOTH be fulfilled. This is BS and I shall no longer be booking these flights.
Old May 15, 2019, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What is R class? Business award ticket?
Old May 20, 2019, 7:37 am

If I already have booked a ticket, how can we find booking class and fare family. On the phone, TAP agents refuse to disclose. It is weird.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: IB Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, NH Titanium
Originally Posted by thaitraveller
If I already have booked a ticket, how can we find booking class and fare family. On the phone, TAP agents refuse to disclose. It is weird.
I sent an e-mail to them a few weeks ago inquiring on the fare class of a ticket I bought and told me to call them so I "can receive all necessary information". Haven't tried calling yet.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by thaitraveller
You should be able to find it on your confirmation/receipt.
two of mine (both discount and basic booked into O fare, Business in J":
FROM /TO FLIGHT CL DATE DEP FARE BASIS NVB NVA BAG ST
SAN FRANCISCO S TP 236 O 15FEB 1610 OUSDSI0E 0PC OK
SAN FRANCISCO S TP 236 O 15FEB 1610 OUSBSI0E 1PC OK
SAN FRANCISCO S TP 236 J 15FEB 1610 JUSEXI0E 2PC OK
Old Jul 15, 2019, 9:31 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
I came here to know how to find the booking class of the ticket.

Thanks to the info in this thread I now know it's 'E' but I got a whole lot of other question.

Is it really true that you don't really know how much miles you will earn although you booked your tickets on TAP's own website even though that website clearly states how much miles you should earn (as a percentage)?

My 'E' ticket should earn 50% as it's booked as 'Basic'. (The table at the beginning of this thread has other earnings but that table is from 2009.)
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by kcaluwae
Is it really true that you don't really know how much miles you will earn although you booked your tickets on TAP's own website even though that website clearly states how much miles you should earn (as a percentage)?

My 'E' ticket should earn 50% as it's booked as 'Basic'. (The table at the beginning of this thread has other earnings but that table is from 2009.)
Not really. It's clear how many miles you are going to get if you credit to TAP miles & go. In your case, as their website states, 50% miles for international 'basic'.
The problem is crediting to partner program.
kcaluwae likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:55 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by khlay
Not really. It's clear how many miles you are going to get if you credit to TAP miles & go. In your case, as their website states, 50% miles for international 'basic'.
The problem is crediting to partner program.
OK, is this the case for all flights or only when it's a codeshare? I know codeshare flights work differently in *alliance than in OW.
Normally once you know the booking code you should be able to look it up in the tables provided by the program where you want to credit your mileage.

I noticed how 'E' earns almost nothing in other programs although it earns 50% in TAP which I found rather odd indeed.

Sorry for these questions, the thread got me a little confused.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:04 am

Normally once you know the booking code you should be able to look it up in the tables provided by the program where you want to credit your mileage.
That's why we have the discussion here. TAP is not normal!

I noticed how 'E' earns almost nothing in other programs although it earns 50% in TAP which I found rather odd indeed.
That's why I always credited it to TAP except Biz. Both O(Discount, some Basic) or E(Basic) get me nothing for my three major program (UA,ANA,Avianca).
kcaluwae likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.