Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New TAP lounge at LIS

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2009, 3:27 am

Programs: MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Lounge sounds great!

I'd like to give LIS a chance on *A...just need to find a good routing from NRT.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 11:35 pm

Programs: UA*G, *wood Gold, Hyatt Pl, IC plat.RA.
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Am at LIS now and am quite surprised at the nice spread in the Lisbon Lounge...plenty of sandwiches and packaged cookies, crackers, nuts, chocolates...cheese, bottled yogurt drinks, wine/beer, everything! Only two cable Internet cords in the back are free, everything else is pay wifi (unless using their own lounge computers of course)
They now have free 1 hour wifi, but it's complicated to get it. It is a nice little lounge though. Spent 3 hours there while the pope landed and closed the airport. could have been worse.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 5:07 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Spent three hours at the Lisbon TAP lounge on July 15th 6:45 AM until 9:10 and we had agreat time. Great spread of food, even has a refrigated baby food section. The computers were popular and always a wait for them and I did noty find free wifi.

Bathrooms were poor, very few so I used the public ones. I like this lounge, open space, good food, good reading materials and large TV screens on the walls to see what is happening.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 10:35 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
A review of the lounge, earlier this year, is available here.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 9:23 pm

Programs: rapidly diminishing
I had no problem getting free wi-fi access in this lounge in mid-June.

You need to ask for a card with a userID/logon, but apart from that no difficulties that I recall...
Old Jul 29, 2010, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
the STAR alternative lounge next door is a good alternative.
What is this lounge? Is it a STAR Gold lounge? Is it operated by an airline or the airport or are you referring to the Lisbon or Blue Lounge?
Old Aug 1, 2010, 1:05 pm
tff

What is this lounge? Is it a STAR Gold lounge? Is it operated by an airline or the airport or are you referring to the Lisbon or Blue Lounge?
There is no "STAR lounge" as such. IAN-UK probably refers either to the Blue Lounge, because TP also uses it (as you mentioned), or to the Lisbon Lounge, because LX also uses it.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Wow - you really don't respond in haste: my post was over a year-and-a-half ago!

But, yes, it was the Lisbon lounge - for a long time the home of LH, LX et al - they even allowed me in as a refugee from BMIBaby flights. Much less crowded than the (old) TAP lounge.

With UK flights leaving from the new wing of the terminal, through the zoo of passport control, there's vanishing little time for me to use any lounge these days.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 2:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by jcbranch
They now have free 1 hour wifi, but it's complicated to get it. It is a nice little lounge though. Spent 3 hours there while the pope landed and closed the airport. could have been worse.
It is complicated due to the lack of instructions, so here are some instructions for FTers.
  1. Get a 1-hour free wifi code form the lounge front desk. (if you need extra hours just go back for more cards, this is acceptable and expected). The card will have a username and password.
  2. Connect to the ANA_HotSpots wifi network
  3. Open your browser and try to go to any site
  4. A screen with terms and conditions will appear. Accept.
  5. On the next screen, a bunch of service provider logos will be presented. Click TMN.
  6. On the next screen, there is room at the top to enter username and password. Enter from the card you got in step 1.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by CaptainMiles; Nov 7, 2010 at 10:46 pm
Old Jun 11, 2011, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Wow - you really don't respond in haste: my post was over a year-and-a-half ago!

But, yes, it was the Lisbon lounge - for a long time the home of LH, LX et al - they even allowed me in as a refugee from BMIBaby flights. Much less crowded than the (old) TAP lounge.

With UK flights leaving from the new wing of the terminal, through the zoo of passport control, there's vanishing little time for me to use any lounge these days.
Flying to LHR from LIS, does this mean I'm not likely to get much lounge time?
Old Jun 11, 2011, 12:34 pm
tff

Originally Posted by flashware
Flying to LHR from LIS, does this mean I'm not likely to get much lounge time?
It only depends on how early you get to the airport. And if you have an 'electronic passport' it will be really fast (actually a matter of seconds) to go through immigration control using the RAPID system.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by tff
It only depends on how early you get to the airport. And if you have an 'electronic passport' it will be really fast (actually a matter of seconds) to go through immigration control using the RAPID system.
Well, I'm not doing much tomorrow (well, today now) as it is ; so can get there whenever... flight is 18:40, but likely to get there around 14:00 (if they'll have me). No electronic passport, my archaic one does not expire till 2014. Enlighten me?
Old Jun 12, 2011, 3:18 am

I think I get it now... the lounge is in the Schengen area of the airport. So, I can use it.. but just need to leave plenty of time to get through passport control etc. to get to the gate in the non-Schengen part for my flight? ^
Old Jun 12, 2011, 7:02 am
tff

Well, I'm not doing much tomorrow (well, today now) as it is ; so can get there whenever... flight is 18:40, but likely to get there around 14:00 (if they'll have me). No electronic passport, my archaic one does not expire till 2014. Enlighten me?
So you'll use the regular lane. But if your flight is at 18h40 you shouldn't be worried with queues because the non-Schengen rush departure hours are now in the morning.

I think I get it now... the lounge is in the Schengen area of the airport. So, I can use it.. but just need to leave plenty of time to get through passport control etc. to get to the gate in the non-Schengen part for my flight? ^
Exactly! From the lounge, you'll have a 15 min walk to your gate + queue at immigration (which, as mentioned, should be short).
Old Jun 12, 2011, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by tff
So you'll use the regular lane. But if your flight is at 18h40 you shouldn't be worried with queues because the non-Schengen rush departure hours are now in the morning.

Exactly! From the lounge, you'll have a 15 min walk to your gate + queue at immigration (which, as mentioned, should be short).
Good to know. The 3.50 LHR flight got called at 3pm so it looks like I'll have a decent 3 hours in here anyway (am here now, I love the fast track security it must have saved me as least 15-20 minutes!).

Quite a nice lounge, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.