TAP new routes - 2023

Old Jan 24, 2023, 9:30 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
TAP new routes - 2023

I got an email about this today, and I see a web-page was put up on Monday, with announcements about improved TAP schedules for the summer. In many cases (Naples for example) the locations are routinely summer only routes but there are a few extra services to note. Caracas is a long established route for TAP but has often been suspended for one reason or the other. Porto to Luanda is brand new as far as I can tell. The website reference is here:
https://www.flytap.com/en-gb/promotions/new-routes

But here is the text.

Originally Posted by TAP Air Portugal
Menorca and Palma de Mallorca, with departure from Lisbon and Porto-Luanda, are the new 2023 routes. Resumption and reinforcement of frequency departing from Lisbon and Porto.A new year with new routes:
  • Menorca, Spain – ⁣4 weekly flights between June and October;
  • Palma de Mallorca, Spain – ⁣6 weekly flights between May and October;
  • Porto – Luanda – ⁣2 weekly connections starting on May 28 (subject to government approval).

And destinations with enhanced operations:
  • Departure from Porto
    • New York, United States – ⁣7 weekly flights;
    • So Paulo, Brazil – ⁣3 weekly flights with optimized schedules throughout the summer;
    • Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – ⁣2 weekly flights with optimized schedules throughout the summer;
    • Geneva and Zurich, Switzerland – ⁣5 weekly flights;
    • Paris, France | London, United Kingdom | Luxembourg City, Luxembourg | Funchal, Portugal – ⁣routes operated exclusively on Airbus aircraft, with a 10 percent increase in the capacity of available seats.
  • Departing from Lisbon
    • United StatesBoston (14 weekly flights); Miami (10 weekly flights); Chicago and San Francisco (5 weekly flights) and Washington (10 weekly flights);
    • Brazil Belm (4 weekly flights); Belo Horizonte (7 weekly flights), Braslia and Salvador (6 weekly flights) and So Paulo (20 weekly flights);
    • Caracas, Venezuela – ⁣3 weekly flights;
    • Tel Aviv, Israel – ⁣1 additional daily flight during summer;
    • Naples, Italy – resuming operations throughout the summer;
    • Tangier, Morocco – resuming operations from June to October;
    • Faro, Portugal – ⁣4 daily flights, with optimized schedules so that connections to the United States or Brazil flights are faster and more comfortable;
    • Porto Santo, Portugal – resuming operations with 1 daily flight between June and September. 4 weekly flights in April, May, and October.
fifty_two likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 11:07 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Thanks CWS. Do we know if the London one is to LGW or LHR? LGW is easier for me to reach and i always prefer to get the early flight to LIS when i fly to South America. I assume if it is Airbus will be LHR? TAP only uses ERJ-190 to Gatwick if i am not mistaken.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 11:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The reference made above was London Gatwick to Porto, typically 2 flights a day, and now A320. Gatwick also has a couple of LIS flights (which may still be Embraer I would guess), with Heathrow only doing LIS. The context here is that the EU has capped TAP's operations to 100 aircraft, given its state ownership, so one way to expand is to get rid of smaller passenger aircraft and get in bigger A320 Neos, so LGW-OPO may benefit from that.
ermis177 likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 1:04 am

Nice to see OPO-EWR going back to daily.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.