Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Lisbon lounge reopened [after Q4 2022 refurbishment]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2022, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Tap Miles & go Silver/ Aeroplan 25K

As per Tap's email.......

Important information - TAP Premium Lounge
Please be advised that the TAP Premium Lounge at Lisbon airport will be temporarily closed for improvements between November 3 and December 17, 2022.
Premium customers travelling on flights operated by TAP have the possibility to get a voucher that can be used in several restaurants at Lisbon airport, after security screening, for drinks and/or snacks. This voucher will be available at the check-in counters in the “Premium” area or at the entrance of the lounge.

I didn't bother with the voucher as the line-ups were insane. I hope the refurb adds more seating as this lounge has been near impossible to get a seat lately.
gojko88 and AurelAF96 like this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 3:15 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Info already posted in the lounges thread.

Don't get your hopes in what the refurb is concerned, though. I have no inside info, but I bet it's mostly related to the kitchen.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by Aired
I didn't bother with the voucher as the line-ups were insane.
Did you mean long queues at all the restaurants accepting the vouchers? Are they sit-down full service restaurants, or grab-and-go outlets?
Old Nov 16, 2022, 4:12 am

As it is typically Tap: Look at the date they sent the email and when the lounge started to close.

In addition there are often huge queues for the ANA lounge and the other Blue lounge was never reopened after the pandemic closures.

LIS and TP are probably the only wannabe major airport/airline without a nonschengen lounge.

Unless you fly almost for free, avoid TP and LIS.

Europe's worst management managed however to get a new shiny office for €4M per year. C-level first, corporate BMWs next, then good jobs for unqualified friends and last the stupid passengers...
fifty_two likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 4:50 am
tff

Originally Posted by estrela
As it is typically Tap: Look at the date they sent the email and when the lounge started to close.
Emails are sent to ticketed pax who have lounge access near the dates of their departures, not urbi et orbi.
AurelAF96 and Aired like this.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 5:00 am

Ha, even worse then. I did not get this email with a flight earlier this month but yesterday.

The best thing is: As TP Silver TP refused the voucher at the premium checkin today despite the email and less than 4 lounge entries this year.

TP is even more incompetent than I thought.
kai.lileboo likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 5:36 am
tff

Ha, even worse then. I did not get this email with a flight earlier this month but yesterday.

The best thing is: As TP Silver TP refused the voucher at the premium checkin today despite the email and less than 4 lounge entries this year.

TP is even more incompetent than I thought.
I wonder if you will ever have a constructive contribution for this forum and your fellow FTalkers.
miles_collector and Aired like this.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 5:37 am

Programs: IHG Gold

In addition there are often huge queues for the ANA lounge and the other Blue lounge was never reopened after the pandemic closures. I ended up using the ANA lounge thanks to a credit card I have.

LIS and TP are probably the only wannabe major airport/airline without a nonschengen lounge.

Unless you fly almost for free, avoid TP and LIS.

Europe's worst management managed however to get a new shiny office for €4M per year. C-level first, corporate BMWs next, then good jobs for unqualified friends and last the stupid passengers...
Agreed. I had a Star Alliance flight out of Lisbon in Business class. Of course, no lounge access since it is closed. No vouchers either.

I can't think of any other airline who at the hub airport close an entire lounge and have nothing at all except some lousy vouchers.

Even Plaza Premium lounges open a small side lounge when their main lounge is undergoing renovations. Sure it's not as good as the full lounge but you still get seats, drinks, food etc.

Tap-nothing.
estrela and Harper50505 like this.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
So, any reports of what is the value of the voucher and where it can be used?

Thinking of booking an early December side trip from LIS, but might as well stick to Easyjet or Ryanair which are cheaper.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 11:09 am
tff

Originally Posted by RafKa
So, any reports of what is the value of the voucher and where it can be used?

Thinking of booking an early December side trip from LIS, but might as well stick to Easyjet or Ryanair which are cheaper.
Don't book it for the voucher for sure It's worth €10 and can be used for food and refreshments in restaurants and bars.
RafKa and estrela like this.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Yikes - that's stingy! I was thinking it would be closer to Priority Pass' voucher...
estrela likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 6:36 am

Programs: BAEC
I'm flying next week with a friend - very annoyed the lounge is closed, as I was telling her all about the amazing G&Ts the barman makes there. Any idea if I get 2 vouchers as I have a guest? 10 Euro for 2 of us won't go very far (not that 20 will get much either).
Old Nov 23, 2022, 11:06 am
tff

Originally Posted by shefgab
I'm flying next week with a friend - very annoyed the lounge is closed, as I was telling her all about the amazing G&Ts the barman makes there. Any idea if I get 2 vouchers as I have a guest? 10 Euro for 2 of us won't go very far (not that 20 will get much either).
Not sure. But if you're gold you can email TAP and ask in advance. If you're just flying C, do try and please report back; it should definitely work.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 10:59 am

They seem to be issuing vouchers to all TP business class passengers and *Gs flying TP. I did see LH business passengers being refused vouchers and also a LH HON refused when I was picking up a voucher while in transit. The LH HON vented his displeasure but then I suppose they would but need to do it with LH not TP.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 6:00 am
tff

Originally Posted by shefgab
I'm flying today and, in addition to politely complaining (again) about the voucher amount, I asked at the check-in desk. Guests do get their own voucher too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.