Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Trouble logging in to Website? Cyberattack August-September 2022

Trouble logging in to Website? Cyberattack August-September 2022

Old Sep 20, 22, 9:12 am

Programs: SK*G (EB D), OW S
Full data from +1.5 million customers has been published. When the EU gets hands into this, it is absolutely going to be costly for TAP. https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/09/20/...e-information/
Old Sep 20, 22, 9:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, it does seem very serious. the mainstream Portuguese media is covering the story in some detail, and gently contrasting the reassuring noises of the airline against the material apparently now in the public domain. Here is a quote from today's Portugal News:
Originally Posted by TAP
"TAP's operations are proceeding normally", guarantees the company, acknowledging that, "unfortunately, some data was stolen by hackers and are being publicly disclosed" and that the affected data may include names, contact information, demographic information and frequent flyer numbers.

TAP also says that the information affected regarding each customer "may vary", but underlines that, "so far, there is no indication that sensitive information, in particular payment data, has been stolen".

"This intrusion was intended to cause damage to TAP and its customers. The security of our customers and business partners and their data is our highest priority. We will therefore continue to take all necessary measures to take care of your data".
I have not had any direct emails from TAP about this.
Old Sep 20, 22, 10:00 am

I am wondering for how much longer they are going to postpone contacting the affected customers. BA was fined more than 200 million EUR for a data breach affecting around 500,000 customers. Here we are talking about data potentially affecting more than 1.5 million. I have quite often flown with them, and the same applies to a few family members of mine. I know that these things can happen in todays world, but the handling of this whole situation is being terribly bad.
Old Sep 20, 22, 10:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The BA data was deemed to be on sale in the Dark Web though BA were fairly adamant that customers were not targeted (a view I don't share, as someone affected). What makes this much worse is that it appears than anyone (well, on a very fast internet) can just download a huge zip file with all the data. The law requires TAP to contact all those involved within 3 days of them knowing about the compromise of that particular piece of data.
Old Sep 20, 22, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the TAP forum. Like you I can login and see the overview of my flights, but I'm struggling to see some detailed sub-screens on the bookings. If I try to access purely via MYB (My Bookings) without logging in, that doesn't go very far at all, whereas I get a little further forward on the TAP App. So it's all a bit flakey. You may need to call up, I can't see many alternatives. If you are Star Gold on any airline you may have greater checked bag priviileges than the booking indicates.

FWIW, I have a similar problem. I can log into my TAP account (it's just a TAP login, not M&G), and my reservation shows up under my reservations, but when I click on "Manage Booking" I get the "Sorry, we are unable to process your request." message. Checkmytip.com can't seem to find it either. The call center assures me the reservation exists and all is well, but I can't access the reservation to add a FF#, seat assignment, etc.

Has anyone with this problem had any issues with OLCI, or has everything worked normally once the 36-hr window opens?
Old Sep 20, 22, 2:41 pm

I cannot check my reservation in my trips section on TAP website. But online check-in seems to be working as usual.
Old Sep 20, 22, 5:26 pm

I also have similar issues, though the TAP App gives more information than the website version. But OLCI and the usual features all work, since actually that's natively handled by Amadeus directly, not TAP.
Old Sep 20, 22, 5:59 pm

So I have not been able to access my TP booking via their website in the past few weeks, but I can see my booking on their app. However, I can't seem to be able to see the seat maps, let alone change my seat, for any of my 4 flight segments. Is this normal? If not, what am I doing wrong?
Old Sep 21, 22, 3:36 am

Programs: BAEC, M&M
I have similar problems trying to change seats etc. Today I received a response from TAP on twitter "We inform you that this situation has already been identified and we are doing everything in our power to resolve this situation as quickly as possible. We apologize for this inconvenience. Thank you"
TAP's IT system has always been a bit dodgy and very slow and cumbersome. It is no surprise that it has been hacked and even less of a surprise that they have not been able to fix things.
Old Sep 21, 22, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by sfvoyage View Post
So I have not been able to access my TP booking via their website in the past few weeks, but I can see my booking on their app. However, I can't seem to be able to see the seat maps, let alone change my seat, for any of my 4 flight segments. Is this normal? If not, what am I doing wrong?
Complaints about seating selection on TAP's website go back years. You may get it to work via different browsers and doing things like not logging into any TAP account and just using PNR and surname. However OLCI at 36 hours to departure it gets a lot easier since the email you get goes to Amadeus' own software and that's reliable. You have to proceed with caution since (as advised on the screen) if you start changing seats there may be a charge and you won't be able to complete OLCI without paying it. The Amadeus link (from 36 hours to departure) is:
https://checkin.si.amadeus.net/stati...identification
sfvoyage and maxbluebrosche like this.
Old Sep 21, 22, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
I also have similar issues, though the TAP App gives more information than the website version. But OLCI and the usual features all work, since actually that's natively handled by Amadeus directly, not TAP.

Hmmm. Amadeus can't seem to find my reservation, either. At least not via checkmytrip.
Old Sep 23, 22, 3:48 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Just had an email from have I been pwned to say my details have been leaked.

Breach: TAP Air Portugal
Date of breach: 25 Aug 2022
Accounts found: 5,067,990
Your accounts: 1
Compromised data: Dates of birth, Email addresses, Genders, Names, Nationalities, Phone numbers, Physical addresses, Salutations, Spoken languages
Description: In August 2022, the Portuguese airline TAP Air Portugal was the target of a ransomware attack perpetrated by the Ragnar Locker gang who later leaked the compromised data via a public dark web site. Over 5M unique email addresses were exposed alongside other personal data including names, genders, DoBs, phone numbers and physical addresses.
Old Sep 23, 22, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by chistery View Post
Just had an email from have I been pwned to say my details have been leaked.

Breach: TAP Air Portugal
Date of breach: 25 Aug 2022
Accounts found: 5,067,990
Your accounts: 1
Compromised data: Dates of birth, Email addresses, Genders, Names, Nationalities, Phone numbers, Physical addresses, Salutations, Spoken languages
Description: In August 2022, the Portuguese airline TAP Air Portugal was the target of a ransomware attack perpetrated by the Ragnar Locker gang who later leaked the compromised data via a public dark web site. Over 5M unique email addresses were exposed alongside other personal data including names, genders, DoBs, phone numbers and physical addresses.
Same here. Feels great having all that information available out there.
Old Sep 28, 22, 9:02 am

For Christs sake. Im getting tired of these big companies not looking after data properly.

Its we, the consumers who get screwed when someone has just enough information to apply for a loan in our names, etc.

And they dont even have the courtesy to confirm this to me directly? I have to find out through a random source?

This is an absolute joke and I will be joining a class action lawsuit when they arise.
Old Sep 30, 22, 5:49 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
The TAP spam has started. Just received an email about an Heir Hunter to an address only known by TAP.

Search this Thread