Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go

Trouble logging in to Website? Cyberattack August-September 2022

Trouble logging in to Website? Cyberattack August-September 2022

Old Sep 5, 22, 11:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The most recent TAP update on this

Originally Posted by TAP
Website and app instability
9/1/2022

We were targeted by a cyber-attack, which has already been blocked. As a result of this situation, the website and the app are still registering some instability when registering new profiles and when associating your booking to your existing Miles&Go profile, which can be done later on when the systems have stabilized.
We are sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
Personally I am able to login in Chrome and see my bookings and profile.
Old Sep 5, 22, 6:22 pm

Programs: Finnair Plus, SJ Prio, Asiana Club
Cant login to TAP website - cyber attack?

I just keep getting this pop up when I try to view my flights - is this happening to anyone else?

Old Sep 5, 22, 6:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Titanium.
I thought this cyber attack happened about 2 weeks ago.

I just recently joined TAP's program amd have NEVER been able to log in via the app.
​​​​
Old Sep 6, 22, 12:37 pm

Programs: Tap Miles & go Silver/ Aeroplan 25K
Try rebooting the phone, I have found that apart from the "cyber attack" I run into this situation often on the App, and turning my phone off and restarting seems to clear it up.
Old Sep 8, 22, 4:18 am

Programs: Delta GM; FB Plat; HHonors Diamond; Hertz PC; National EE
I have two future reservations with TAP. Both show up correctly with Amadeus' checkmytrip.com, but when I try to retrieve them on myb.flytap.com, I get the message that the reservation does not exist. It's a mess. I'm amazed that there is no explanation on their website at all. A simple change of the error message to a more comprehensive "Your reservation could not be retrieved right now. Don't worry, it's still there, but we are experiencing IT issues" would probably save them a huge call load.
Old Sep 13, 22, 1:23 pm

I still can't log in to my Miles&Go account by TP number or email address. I've tried resetting my password, but the email to do so never hits my inbox.

Called them up by phone and they said it's an ongoing issue. They hope to resolve it by the end of the month....
Old Sep 14, 22, 12:31 pm

Programs: BA Silver, A3
I got the email yesterday and I'm horrified by the amount of information that is in the hands of the hackers. I feel as if this was happening in many other countries there would be an outcry.
'Sorry' doesn't really really help.
Old Sep 15, 22, 12:45 am

Hi, I also have problem with manage my booking. I wanted to buy checked in luggage for my flight next Saturday and I am not able to do so. Logging in works fine but when I try to access my booking I receive "Sorry, we are unable to process your request." error. Is there any other way to buy additional luggage in this case?
Old Sep 15, 22, 3:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by matek2305 View Post
Hi, I also have problem with manage my booking. I wanted to buy checked in luggage for my flight next Saturday and I am not able to do so. Logging in works fine but when I try to access my booking I receive "Sorry, we are unable to process your request." error. Is there any other way to buy additional luggage in this case?
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the TAP forum. Like you I can login and see the overview of my flights, but I'm struggling to see some detailed sub-screens on the bookings. If I try to access purely via MYB (My Bookings) without logging in, that doesn't go very far at all, whereas I get a little further forward on the TAP App. So it's all a bit flakey. You may need to call up, I can't see many alternatives. If you are Star Gold on any airline you may have greater checked bag priviileges than the booking indicates.
Old Sep 16, 22, 8:13 am

I called supported and managed to request additional luggage, still waiting for my credit card to be charged, guy on the phone informed me that it might take up to 48 hours. I hope that it will work, will call them again if card wont be charged by end of the Monday.
Old Sep 16, 22, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM
Customer data is now being made available on the internet.
Old Sep 16, 22, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by TomMM View Post
Customer data is now being made available on the internet.
Is there a link? I would like to verify whether I am concerned. BA had to pay quite a lot with a similar data breach.
Old Sep 16, 22, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM
https://breached.to/Thread-TAP-AIR-P...onal-data-leak
Old Sep 16, 22, 3:01 pm

Thanks! This looks serious. Unfortunately I can't access the data / register.
Old Sep 16, 22, 3:01 pm

Portugal News has also specifically named the above group of hackers. If this is confirmed to be a big haul, which TAP appears to deny, then the law requires those affected to get a notification from TAP within 3 days.

https://www.theportugalnews.com/news...mer-data/70275

Originally Posted by Portugal News
The hacker group Ragnar Locker published last night (12 September), data related to 115,000 TAP customers. The hackers released information such as names, nationalities, addresses, telephone contacts and dates of birth of passengers that appear in the air carrier's database, according to Expresso.

"Although it was possible to contain the intrusion at an early stage, the attackers were able to obtain limited information, in particular certain personal data of some of our customers", TAP confirmed to the newspaper.

Search this Thread