Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Access to LIS lounge in transit with US destination?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2022, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Apologies if this has been asked and answered. We are flying FCO-LIS-JFK and I’m wondering if we’ll be able to stop in the lounge in the Schengen area during our 3 hour layover or if perhaps there’s a better option? Thanks
Old Jul 9, 2022, 8:55 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Yes, you will. Just make sure to leave the lounge with sufficient time to pass the immigration control before reaching your JFK gate.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tff
Yes, you will. Just make sure to leave the lounge with sufficient time to pass the immigration control before reaching your JFK gate.
Cheers thanks. Is that US immigration like in Canada with GE?
Old Jul 9, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Welcome to FT, Spety!

It's normal immigration to leave the Schengen area. If you have an Italian passport, you can use electronic gates, which is quick and easy. In the US, you will then go through US immigration (which is usually not quick and easy).
Old Jul 10, 2022, 11:45 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by spety
Cheers thanks. Is that US immigration like in Canada with GE?

There's no US pre-clearance in LIS (or anywhere else in the Schengen area). Unlike the US, Schengen does have outbound border controls.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.