Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Stopover is LIS, connecting to UA at SFO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2022, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...

I am looking at booking FRA-LIS-(4 night stopover)-SFO-RDM. Unfortunately TAP’s booking engine doesn’t know RDM. I experimented with some other smaller airports not served by TAP and while they are known to TAP, they seem to not be bookable if I choose a stopover. I assume RDM isn’t an option at all because TAP doesn't codeshare with UA on the regional flights from SFO to RDM. So unless anyone has ideas for workarounds, it seems I am stuck and have to book SFO-RDM on a separate ticket. Will TAP interline with UA on separate tickets and checks bags in LIS through to RDM? (I know I will see them at customs)
Old Jul 5, 2022, 12:12 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I am looking at booking FRA-LIS-(4 night stopover)-SFO-RDM. Unfortunately TAP’s booking engine doesn’t know RDM. I experimented with some other smaller airports not served by TAP and while they are known to TAP, they seem to not be bookable if I choose a stopover. I assume RDM isn’t an option at all because TAP doesn't codeshare with UA on the regional flights from SFO to RDM. So unless anyone has ideas for workarounds, it seems I am stuck and have to book SFO-RDM on a separate ticket. Will TAP interline with UA on separate tickets and checks bags in LIS through to RDM? (I know I will see them at customs)
TP will not interline bags on separate tickets.
For you to get everything on one ticket you need to:
1. Make sure the stopover fares are combinable with other airlines (end-on-end combination), OR
2. TP files fares from FRA-RDM.

Checking ExpertFlyer, neither of the two options are available for the cheapest fares.

You have these options:
1. Buy FRA-RDM on UA and forget LIS
2. Buy a separate ticket FRA-LIS (on any carrier) and LIS-RDM on UA/LH/LX/...
3. Buy FRA-SFO on TP with the stopover and SFO-RDM separately (leave enough time in case of a misconnect/delays/...)
notquiteaff likes this.

Last edited by Palal; Jul 5, 2022 at 8:01 pm
Old Jul 6, 2022, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
RDM = Redmond municipal airport, Oregon

To save the googling fingers of those who didn't major in the regional airports of the Pacific Northwest, we are talking about Redmond airport, serving (you guessed) the proud city of Redmond, Oregon.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
To save the googling fingers of those who didn't major in the regional airports of the Pacific Northwest, we are talking about Redmond airport, serving (you guessed) the proud city of Redmond, Oregon.
Actually, serving the Bend/Redmond metroplex and all of central and eastern Oregon, an area about the size of England, I think (but admittedly mostly filled with lava rocks and sage brush once you get out of the metro area)
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Actually, serving the Bend/Redmond metroplex and all of central and eastern Oregon, an area about the size of England, I think (but admittedly mostly filled with lava rocks and sage brush once you get out of the metro area)
I am humbled. And shall call no visit to the US complete without the opportunity to scrabble around in those lava rocks
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I am humbled. And shall call no visit to the US complete without the opportunity to scrabble around in those lava rocks
It’s like visiting the moon. Even NASA thinks so…

https://www.opb.org/article/2021/09/...ore-moon-trip/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.