Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Rebooking TAP flight suspended due to COVID

Old May 25, 22, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA CK, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC

Hey folks - we got COVID the day before I was due to travel on TAP last year. They took our positive test results and suspended the €6000 tickets at no cost, vs a €500 cancellation penalty. No problems, we figured we'd rebook sooner or later.

Unfortunately I'm now having a terrible time trying to rebook it. I'm being bounced from team to team, none of which seem to have the ability to unsuspend the original ticket so we can rebook. Sometimes it's a short hold time and sometimes it's hours, but either way I've not been able to get through to a human who can actually help.

I've tried the Twitter and complaints departments, neither of which have helped. Has anyone had success in this situation?
Old May 25, 22, 2:59 pm

Programs: SK*G
Do you live close to the departure airport? If so, you can try going to the TP ticket desk there. Otherwise you're at the mercy of the call centre.
Old May 27, 22, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Not sure if anyone is watching but after about 9 hours on the phone to TAP, they have confirmed they won't rebook this because we need to travel after 12 months after the original booking. Instead they are going to refund, less a $500 fee.

This is totally insane, because I wanted to book a less expensive ticket and they are now just having to refund instead of making some money.

But after 9 hours on the phone listening to their single hold song, I've given up and am taking the money and will book with someone else.
Old May 31, 22, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gojko88 View Post
Do you live close to the departure airport? If so, you can try going to the TP ticket desk there. Otherwise you're at the mercy of the call centre.
Thanks that's not a bad shout, I'll be in JFK next week.
gojko88 likes this.

Search this Thread