Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Covid tests for Portugal and TAP [Suspended 30 June 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid tests for Portugal and TAP [Suspended 30 June 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2021, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA *G 1MM, DL GM, HH Diamond, PC Gold
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
I did some research online and read that EITHER the PCR test (<72 hr) OR the rapid antigen test (<24 hr or <48 hr, conflicting info found on this) is acceptable.

Were you given a choice to show either the PCR or antigen test result?

Also, regarding the information on the test result document, is it sufficient to have your name, date, time and type of test and the result? Did they require your passport number be shown on the test result document as well?
Yes, we chose the antigen.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by PIJD
Yes, we chose the antigen.
Thanks. What about my other question about whether your passport number has to be printed on the test result document?
Old Jul 10, 2021, 12:32 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM, DL GM, HH Diamond, PC Gold
Thanks. What about my other question about whether your passport number has to be printed on the test result document?
Nope, Full name and DOB.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 10:52 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
In that case, the CDC card was of no concern to the authorities at LIS?
Correct. You currently need a test to enter or transit, regardless of vaccination status.
Old Jul 10, 2021, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by seanp7
Correct. You currently need a test to enter or transit, regardless of vaccination status.
Thanks for the info. I've been getting conflicting info online. Is this a definitive & accurate source of information?:

https://www.visitportugal.com/en/con...ented-portugal
Old Jul 10, 2021, 3:10 pm

Thanks for the info. I've been getting conflicting info online. Is this a definitive & accurate source of information?:

https://www.visitportugal.com/en/con...ented-portugal
Yes that looks good for arriving by air, or just use TAP's current info.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 9:36 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Can anyone provide any insight whether Portugal is just behind other countries in accepting vaccination as "ok to enter" (rather than requiring a test which seems like the solution of 6 months ago)? Or is this actually deliberate? As travelers say from the USA booking flights intra-EU to go to Portugal, is it risky to expect that they'll catch up to the other countries in this policy by say... beginning of September?

How about driving? Is driving across the border or going by train from Spain totally different?
Old Jul 14, 2021, 10:57 pm

Programs: SW A-List, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Elite, Hilton Gold
Binax Covid-19 Antigen Home Test Accepted for Arrival into Portugal

I will be traveling from Paris to Portugal in 2 weeks and wanted to know if anyone has had any experience using Binax Antigen Home Test results for arrival into Portugal. I understand that it can be used to satisfy the antigen testing requirement for arrivals into the US and transiting in the UK.

Last edited by UCSBCHRIS2002; Jul 15, 2021 at 12:34 am
Old Jul 20, 2021, 12:12 am
TA

I have been following these travel posts about a blogger's trip to Portugal, happening now:
https://thepointsguy.com/news/portugal-entry-process-covid/
https://thepointsguy.com/news/portug...tions-answers/
They are somewhat useful.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 7:13 am
TA

Originally Posted by UCSBCHRIS2002
I will be traveling from Paris to Portugal in 2 weeks and wanted to know if anyone has had any experience using Binax Antigen Home Test results for arrival into Portugal. I understand that it can be used to satisfy the antigen testing requirement for arrivals into the US and transiting in the UK.
Just to follow up, I just came back from a trip including Portugal, Spain, last week.

The Abbott Binax kit worked just fine for the flight to LIS, but note that you have to get the kind that includes a video supervised call and the results are recorded in the Navica/eMed app. They check the result at flight check-in.

It was lucky that I had access to this kit because they offer on the spot calls with their many (I imagine) consultants via video. I also had a "Qured" brand test kit for return to the US and I made the potentially really unpleasant discovery that you have to reserve several days in advance an appointment for this Qured provider. They are doing it on the cheap it seems.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 3:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, airline free agent
Traveling SFO-LIS-ORY (Paris) in a couple of weeks. My sense is that:Anyone with experience on transiting through Lisbon know if I have this right?
Old Sep 17, 2021, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Correct.
HSaxa likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by HSaxa
Traveling SFO-LIS-ORY (Paris) in a couple of weeks. My sense is that:Anyone with experience on transiting through Lisbon know if I have this right?
You have it correct. The Test will be checked at SFO check in and likely by the passport officer in LIS. Do your PLF the day before your flight with seat numbers and for the Portugal address you can put IN TRANSIT with the postal code of the airport.

When you land in LIS follow the signs to S Connections and join the All Passports queue.
SK AAR and HSaxa like this.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Tap Miles & go Silver/ Aeroplan 25K
thanks for all the replies guys, I've since done the YYZ-LIS route twice since I posted the question, and can confirm that yes, Antigen is acceptable enroute to Portugal, and PCR on return to Canada.
Old Sep 24, 2021, 8:27 pm

If I understand correctly from this page, Portugal will accept the CDC card as vaccination proof if America does the same for Portuguese citizens:
Test requirements:
(...)

Exceptions:
(...)
  • Passengers presenting a valid recovery/vaccination certificate issued by a third country (see: acceptance conditions for third country certificates)
(...)
The acceptance of these certificates is based on reciprocity, meaning, Portugal only accepts certificates from countries that accept the EU digital covid certificate
Sadly, it's probably wishful thinking to believe that there will be proper coordination across the pond anytime soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.