Plusgrade vs Seatboost (LIS-VIE)

Old Jun 12, 2021, 12:19 am
Original Poster

Plusgrade vs Seatboost (LIS-VIE)

Hello,

Currently for my LIS-VIE flight 1 month out, the minimum Plusgrade bid is 130€. In your guys experiences, is the Seatboost (<24h before departure) bid option usually cheaper or more expensive than the minimum Plusgrade bid?

I'd only be interested if the offer was significantly below 100€.

Thanks!
Old Jun 14, 2021, 6:24 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
If it's the first time you use it, it should be below €100. I can't say how much below, though. Beware in any case that you get Y miles with seatboost. With plusgrade, you get C miles.
romans likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by tff
If it's the first time you use it, it should be below €100. I can't say how much below, though. Beware in any case that you get Y miles with seatboost. With plusgrade, you get C miles.
With plusgrade, you get C miles. - are you sure wit this? is it still valid? Because I have read somewhere under plusgrade offer that you will still be credited original class code miles when upgraded.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 8:42 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
If this is for TP, I wouldn't bother - not worth it for the €€
estrela likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 5:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by Palal
If this is for TP, I wouldn't bother - not worth it for the €€
If you refer to the miles, it obviously depends on you objective (status?).

If you refer to the seating an service on board it definitely matters. TP has a much more generous seat pitch upfront (unlike LH/LX/OS) and the meals and drinks are excellent.
romans likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 10:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by romans
With plusgrade, you get C miles. - are you sure wit this? is it still valid? Because I have read somewhere under plusgrade offer that you will still be credited original class code miles when upgraded.
TAP will award business class Status Miles and Bonus miles to TAP Miles & Go on Plusgrade, rather than the original mileage. I wish I could be absolutist about whether this works to all Star Alliance frequent flyer systems, but in essence you have to be careful. The wrinkle here is that TAP use fare basis rather than fare class for their system, which is different to most airlines. However Plusgrade reissues the ticket into typically P, but doesn't change the fare basis. So this credits on Aegean at 50% but not Miles and More/Lufthansa Group. However you may get the original economy credit if the fare basis is picked up by the receiving frequent flyer scheme.
romans likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 11:17 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by swiss_global
If you refer to the miles, it obviously depends on you objective (status?).

If you refer to the seating an service on board it definitely matters. TP has a much more generous seat pitch upfront (unlike LH/LX/OS) and the meals and drinks are excellent.
To each their own. The pitch up front is the same as in their economy premium (the part of the Y cabin forward of the exit row, which can be gotten for less €€).

Is the meal and drinks worth 100€? That's for everyone to decide for themselves.
estrela likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 6:54 am
Original Poster

I think my Economy booking class is A (but in any case it shows 10% credit for the TAP program), so I probably would not get anything in Miles & More. If it stays the same despite an upgrade, I would still get nothing in Miles & More

Of course in this case it's not like we're talking about a lot of miles anyways but the lack thereof still adds to the unattractiveness of an upgrade imo

Last edited by ArnoldB; Jun 17, 2021 at 7:01 am
Old Jul 2, 2021, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Question - if my original fare is Economy Discount (without checked baggage) and I upgrade via Plusgrade or Seatboost, would I get checked luggage in both cases? And on a route FNC-LIS-VIE, would I need to upgrade both legs for the extra luggage?
Old Nov 30, 2022, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by ArnoldB
Question - if my original fare is Economy Discount (without checked baggage) and I upgrade via Plusgrade or Seatboost, would I get checked luggage in both cases? And on a route FNC-LIS-VIE, would I need to upgrade both legs for the extra luggage?
just want to bump this thread curious about recent experiences. is that still true that seatboost earns original booking class code miles (eco) right?
Old Nov 30, 2022, 6:46 pm

just want to bump this thread curious about recent experiences. is that still true that seatboost earns original booking class code miles (eco) right?
Man I'm asking the same question. Plus is it me or is plusgrade bumping the price up? My cost for upgrading is over 2k rn.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by bigtfbro
Man I'm asking the same question. Plus is it me or is plusgrade bumping the price up? My cost for upgrading is over 2k rn.
well price went up everywhere. from my experience vie-lis / lis-vie min bid for plusgrade went from cca 120€ to 145€.

Last edited by romans; Nov 30, 2022 at 7:45 pm Reason: added correct new price
Old Nov 30, 2022, 7:13 pm

well price went up everywhere. from my experience vie-lis / lis-vie min bid for plusgrade went from cca 120€ to 160€.
I read this review saying he was outbid but still got it so we'll see.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by bigtfbro
I read this review saying he was outbid but still got it so we'll see.
I am talking about min amount for plusgrade not seatboost…
Old Dec 1, 2022, 1:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, Plusgrade will give a business class credit (depending on the frequent flyer scheme arrangements) since the ticket is re-issued into the higher bucket, typically P. TAP Miles and Go members will see a higher credit from Discount, Basic or Classic levels. Plus shorthaul tickets also get more Bonus and Status miles but on longhaul it's the same anyway.

Seatboost does not result in a re-issued ticket and therefore normally gets the originally booked class credits.
romans and Aired like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.