Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

TAP US-Europe in Summer from $248 RT in Biz -- Will TAP honor these fares?

TAP US-Europe in Summer from $248 RT in Biz -- Will TAP honor these fares?

Old Mar 5, 2021, 9:51 am

48 hours is nothing.. give them a few weeks to cancel -- I just had a mistake fare canceled on me almost a year after I bought it
Old Mar 5, 2021, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zwiebelbauer
48 hours is nothing.. give them a few weeks to cancel -- I just had a mistake fare canceled on me almost a year after I bought it
I booked via an OTA. Seems like TAP keeps the issuance and billing of tickets via OTAs very separate.

Any idea of what the Portuguese consumer law as far as flights is concerned says about this issue?

One of my flights is within a couple of weeks. They better hurry up
Old Mar 5, 2021, 10:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by FlyingFreeYupie
I booked via an OTA. Seems like TAP keeps the issuance and billing of tickets via OTAs very separate.

Any idea of what the Portuguese consumer law as far as flights is concerned says about this issue?

One of my flights is within a couple of weeks. They better hurry up
Then you need to deal with the OTA. TAP rightfully won't engage with you on this.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 12:25 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Just received this email directly from TAP:

TAP regrets to inform that, due to an error in the system on which your reservation was issued, the reservation had to be annulled.

TAP is already refunding you of the amount paid through the form of payment used. If the reservation was made through a travel agency, we kindly ask you to contact the agency to check the refund conditions.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have you on board soon.
TAP Air Portugal
Old Mar 5, 2021, 12:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond , Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond Elite
Same here!
Old Mar 5, 2021, 12:33 pm

I got the same. When I log in, the reservation is still there, only the connecting flights are cancelled.. Orig was MIA-LIS-FCO, and return. It shows MIA-LIA as still there, and only LIS-FCO, and FCO-LIS as cancelled.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 12:33 pm

Just got the message for one of my bookings...

Originally Posted by bostonbali
Just received this email directly from TAP:

TAP regrets to inform that, due to an error in the system on which your reservation was issued, the reservation had to be annulled.

TAP is already refunding you of the amount paid through the form of payment used. If the reservation was made through a travel agency, we kindly ask you to contact the agency to check the refund conditions.

We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have you on board soon.
TAP Air Portugal
Old Mar 5, 2021, 1:53 pm

I got the same email. Flight from BOS-FNC connecting through LIS. Everything showed fine on the website except for my return connecting flight from FNC to LIS. Called in and was told the flight was cancelled and they rebooked me on one that left an hour earlier. Hopefully they just canceled some underperforming connections.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 2:08 pm

I got the same email. My online reservation number did not have anything saying it was cancelled. Called TAP and the lady said I had nothing to worry about and that my flight was not cancelled. Ill be checking this periodically to make sure those peeps don't pull a fast one on me. Im looking forward to my first international business class experience
Old Mar 5, 2021, 2:16 pm

I got the same email. My online reservation number did not have anything saying it was cancelled. Called TAP and the lady said I had nothing to worry about and that my flight was not cancelled. Ill be checking this periodically to make sure those peeps don't pull a fast one on me. Im looking forward to my first international business class experience

SCRAP THAT - booking has been cancelled.... seems like i did have something to worry about.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 2:38 pm

Yeah, all my flights are now gone out of the online reservation portal.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 3:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
I booked not a $200 ticket, but still happy for me, a $1300 r/t "Exec" (business) from SFO-LIS-OPO. Got the cancel email this AM. Just called and spoke a very nice and helpful rep who explained that in spite of the "cancel/refund" email, they are working on salvaging some of these. She advised although email said canceled/refunded, what she saw was that my ticket was still alive (but not visible anymore on their website to me). Asked me to hang loose and await further communications in the next 24 hours. Honestly, anything $2000 or less r/t to EU in a decent cabin is a great value. I'm relaxing and seeing how this shakes out.

Not sure how accurate or relevant the data point, but she mentioned the Executive class tickets seemed to be the ones affected.

I have two other bookings made in past two weeks that are unaffected (she checked these as well).

PS- I booked directly through TAP website. Lesson learned the hard way with AmEx travel during covid last March. Ugh.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AS Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
I booked not a $200 ticket, but still happy for me, a $1300 r/t "Exec" (business) from SFO-LIS-OPO. Got the cancel email this AM. Just called and spoke a very nice and helpful rep who explained that in spite of the "cancel/refund" email, they are working on salvaging some of these. She advised although email said canceled/refunded, what she saw was that my ticket was still alive (but not visible anymore on their website to me). Asked me to hang loose and await further communications in the next 24 hours. Honestly, anything $2000 or less r/t to EU in a decent cabin is a great value. I'm relaxing and seeing how this shakes out.

Not sure how accurate or relevant the data point, but she mentioned the Executive class tickets seemed to be the ones affected.

I have two other bookings made in past two weeks that are unaffected (she checked these as well).
i was the same (booked a $1300 RT fare) so I’m pretty frustrated that I got the email (and the website didn’t show it either). Let us know what happens on your end!
Old Mar 5, 2021, 3:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by ac737
i was the same (booked a $1300 RT fare) so I’m pretty frustrated that I got the email (and the website didn’t show it either). Let us know what happens on your end!
Will do. You have to think fares like ours are "awesome", but not "incredible" right? lol. I think some of us got caught up in the scramble to back out of the "implausible" fares

I booked several of the Qatar "Kiev fares" last April at sub-$2000 r/t, F and QSuites, changeable basically to anywhere, and Qatar stood behind all of those, some of which were $1300 range. That'll go down as one of the best deals in a lifetime.

Book a $250 r/t business class from USA to Europe however, it's pretty much a foregone conclusion what is in your future.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AS Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
Will do. You have to think fares like ours are "awesome", but not "incredible" right? lol. I think some of us got caught up in the scramble to back out of the "implausible" fares

I booked several of the Qatar "Kiev fares" last April at sub-$2000 r/t, F and QSuites, changeable basically to anywhere, and Qatar stood behind all of those, some of which were $1300 range. That'll go down as one of the best deals in a lifetime.

Book a $250 r/t business class from USA to Europe however, it's pretty much a foregone conclusion what is in your future.
Yeah exactly. I mean if they occasionally have biz fares for below $1300, i don't know see why ours have to be cancelled...

One difference for me was that I booked it using the Chase UR portal, so I hope that doesn't end up biting me in the butt. Which number did you call to chat with them re your reservation btw? (I called their US # and then they re-routed me to HQ which I think is already closed for the day).

Update: Like others, I now have a big ... TAP credit in my account smh

Last edited by ac737; Mar 5, 2021 at 4:32 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.