Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Reroute due to significant schedule change - online travel agent booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reroute due to significant schedule change - online travel agent booking

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2021, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by gya007
Thx IAN-UK . Will call them up to discuss options. France is opening up for US Citizens as of 9th of June. I'm cutting it too fine. May be I will just cancel/postpone the whole trip!
If you are thinking of ditching the trip, you'll lose nothing by waiting to see if one of the sectors gets cancelled or shifted by TAP - opening the possibility of rescheduling (for free) to dates over 2022. That seems to be the new-ish policy being pushed by TAP, and it's worked for me: but the OTA involvement in your trip might complicate things.
Old May 16, 2021, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
France is opening up for US Citizens as of 9th of June.
France aims to begin to re-open for "foreign tourists" as of 9 June; however, it has not yet been confirmed or clarified that US tourists will be admitted as of that date.
renila likes this.
Old May 16, 2021, 7:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
France is opening up for US Citizens as of 9th of June.
This is only a rumour.
Old May 16, 2021, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Anyways, due to personal reasons, I can NOT depart on the Sunday on which they've gotten us rebooked. I haven't yet accepted the changed itinerary. What are my choices / rights? May I insist that TAP give me an alternate carrier on Monday - as previously scheduled / booked? I see numerous other carriers available as options, LH, AF, KL, BA.
You need to be realistic here. This far out, there is absolutely no way TP is going to rebook you OAL because you insist to travel on Monday when TP has offerred you and already rebooked you for Sunday. You will get nowhere with this. You would need to cancel and apply for a refund, but getting a refund from TP is also troublesome. If you booked with an OTA you need to cancel and apply for a refund with the OTA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.