Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Miles purchase bonus Club TAP Miles&Go 6 - 27 Jan 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2020, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Miles&Go Combo Campaign

https://www.flytap.com/en-ua/miles-a...ub-miles-store

New to TAP M&G and I'm trying to get my head around this promo.

“Receive 75,000 promotional miles as a gift when you join or renew your Club membership and buy miles from the Miles Store between 11 December 2020 and 3 January 2021.”

So, for example:

EUR 718 – Club Platinum: 25k miles + 96k miles over 12 months
EUR 140 – Miles Store: 4k miles

Which should qualify for the 75k miles bonus, giving a total of 200k miles for EUR 858.

Surely I've missed something? Seems like an excellent deal with interesting redemption possibilities on EK and some *A with no fuel surcharges. Any thoughts how high the risk of devaluation is over the next year?
Old Dec 31, 2020, 10:58 am

Programs: UA-Plat, AA - EXP, SPG-Gold

Anyone having issues purchasing using the link on their site, when I click to buy the 122 packet link it takes me the booking part of the website.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 3:48 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
i bought some miles yesterday to take advantage of the bonus but the purchased miles credited (20k) but the bonus (75k) did not
Old Jan 1, 2021, 8:41 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
I think you've missed something.
Either you get the promo Club Platinum + bonus miles which is called the "Christmas campaign", or you do the Combo campaign.You can't combine both of them.

Club Platinum + miles store 4K miles will net you 4K + 12K from Club Platinum + 75K Christmas campaign, a total of 105K.
This is half of what you expect.

To be honest, they've been doing crazy miles promo's since August and this one is particularly confusing. They seem really desperate for some cash. Therefore, I do not trust them at the moment.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 3:02 pm

Here is my interpretation of the promotion.

1. Buy Club Platinum for $887. Get 12,000 miles now, then 8,000 per month for 12 months. This is the standard Club Platinum offer not the Christmas promo.
2. Buy 4000 miles for $174.
3. Get the 75,000 miles bonus.

So you get 187,000 miles ( 91K now and 96K later) for $1061, which is .567 cent per mile. This is tempting.
turbofanblade likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mkpkmp
Here is my interpretation of the promotion.

1. Buy Club Platinum for $887. Get 12,000 miles now, then 8,000 per month for 12 months. This is the standard Club Platinum offer not the Christmas promo.
2. Buy 4000 miles for $174.
3. Get the 75,000 miles bonus.

So you get 187,000 miles ( 91K now and 96K later) for $1061, which is .567 cent per mile. This is tempting.
This is the same as the cost per mile I arrived at (in EUR) after noticing that the promotions can't be combined so I believe your interpretation is correct. Definitely a tempting deal with some of the redemptions possible but spreading out over half the miles over the year is too much exposure to potential devaluations etc. for my liking.

I think I'll just wait for another strong straightforward miles purchase promo, hopefully something like this will make a comeback. Travel options should (hopefully) become clearer as well.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 5:13 pm

Has anybody’s bonus miles posted? I was told within 7 days.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 5:31 pm

Club Platinum Purchase

Has anybody purchased Club Platinum and received the bonus miles? Before 3rd of January the signup bonus was 25k, but so far only the base 12k miles has been posted. I was finally able to reach somebody at the silver desk yesterday but the guy didn’t sound like he even knew what it was and told me to wait 7 days. Thanks.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 11:19 am

Programs: Tap Miles & go Silver/ Aeroplan 25K
Originally Posted by Basanez
Has anybody purchased Club Platinum and received the bonus miles? Before 3rd of January the signup bonus was 25k, but so far only the base 12k miles has been posted. I was finally able to reach somebody at the silver desk yesterday but the guy didn’t sound like he even knew what it was and told me to wait 7 days. Thanks.
I just checked my transactions, when I purchased Platinum in June, both the standared and the bonus miles were credited the same day (2 seperate transactions) as well as puchased miles 2 wks ago (both the standard and bonus miles on the same day but as 2 seperate transactions) ..... unfortunately they are swamped trying to deal with refunds and cancelations so I can imagine their system is overwhelmed, I changed one of my flights yesterday and only received email confirmation and hour ago.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 12:04 pm

Thanks for the info. I’ll update the post as well.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

I purchased Club Platinum on Sunday and received my bonus miles today. I too called the service desk yesterday and was told it could take up to a week to process, but thankfully it seems to be much faster than that.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 8:04 pm

I just got my bonus miles. Now I gotta deal with them to fix my name and it seems it’s an imposible task. Good lord what did I got myself into.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 3:57 am

Im looking at this promo whereby club members to earn 50% bonus on top of the purchased bonus (if i bought 20k i would effectively earn 90k)

But in the T&Cs it makes mention of join or renewing club membership....

Does this bonus apply to a club member who doesnt need to renew during this period? IE, will i earn the 50% bonus simply by being a member already?

​​​​​​https://www.flytap.com/en-ie/miles-a...ub-miles-store

Terms and Conditions:
  • Campaign valid from 6 to 27 January 2021.
  • Campaign valid for clients who are Club TAP Miles&Go members or who join or renew their membership before buying miles in the Miles Store.
    • Earn an extra 25% on purchases of between 2,000 and 18,000 miles in the Miles Store.
    • Earn an extra 50% on purchases of 20,000 miles in the Miles Store.
  • This special offer can be used in conjunction with current campaigns in the Club TAP Miles&Go and the Miles Store.
  • The miles will be credited by 3 February 2021.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by Basanez
Has anybody’s bonus miles posted? I was told within 7 days.
yes they posted yesterday morning
Old Jan 6, 2021, 4:08 am

Im looking at this promo whereby club members to earn 50% bonus on top of the purchased bonus (if i bought 20k i would effectively earn 90k)

But in the T&Cs it makes mention of join or renewing club membership....

Does this bonus apply to a club member who doesnt need to renew during this period? IE, will i earn the 50% bonus simply by being a member already?

​​​​​​https://www.flytap.com/en-ie/miles-a...ub-miles-store

Terms and Conditions:
  • Campaign valid from 6 to 27 January 2021.
  • Campaign valid for clients who are Club TAP Miles&Go members or who join or renew their membership before buying miles in the Miles Store.
    • Earn an extra 25% on purchases of between 2,000 and 18,000 miles in the Miles Store.
    • Earn an extra 50% on purchases of 20,000 miles in the Miles Store.
  • This special offer can be used in conjunction with current campaigns in the Club TAP Miles&Go and the Miles Store.
  • The miles will be credited by 3 February 2021.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.