Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

TAP no longer flying to LGW switching to LHR only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2020, 12:30 am
Original Poster

Is this covid-19 related? LGW was so much more practical...
Old Oct 20, 2020, 8:06 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
TP for now is consolidating its ops at one airport, which surely decreases costs. The same is happening, eg, in NYC, with TP only serving EWR.
Old Oct 26, 2020, 10:26 am

Programs: Qatar Plat OW*E, HH Diamond, Hyatt Exp, Marriott Titanium
Ah I had a notice of a flight change from them but I couldn't see what was different. Just looked again and it is landing in LHR instead of LGW.
That's a huge improvement for me, right onto the tube!
Old Dec 16, 2020, 11:56 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by FlyingFreeYupie
Is this covid-19 related?
Anyone know the answer to this part of the question? The EWR switch was before COVID, wasn't it, so is it a broader trend at TP to cut costs?
Old Dec 17, 2020, 6:28 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Anyone know the answer to this part of the question? The EWR switch was before COVID, wasn't it, so is it a broader trend at TP to cut costs?
The answer is the one I gave the op. There is no EWR swith, there is consolidation at EWR. And, as I mentioned, it was due to COVID.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.