Wiki Posts
Search

2-2 Seating A321 neo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2020, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
2-2 Seating A321 neo

Just on LHR-LIS (operated by an A321 neo) that has a 2-2 config in Business. Is this normal now on tap short haul?
Old Sep 11, 2020, 9:03 pm
soy

Programs: various
Nah, just aircraft utilization. This aircraft is used for flying trans atlantic, so they squeeze in a short-haul route or two rather than have it idle at LIS.
Probably hoping to win some extra business for LHR-US since they can offer lie-flat all the way
Old Sep 12, 2020, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by soy
Nah, just aircraft utilization. This aircraft is used for flying trans atlantic, so they squeeze in a short-haul route or two rather than have it idle at LIS.
Probably hoping to win some extra business for LHR-US since they can offer lie-flat all the way
Nope, decidedly not the trans-atlantic version. It was more like American domestic first meets thin recaro seats.

The registration is CS-TJM, and airfleets.net claims there are 16 premium economy seats on board (which fits in terms of 4 rows of 4).
Old Sep 14, 2020, 5:58 am

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
I've never seen them in person, only on this video. It doesn't show on Seat Guru either.

It's not the long-haul seats, so if they roll these seats on their short-medium haul flights, they would be one of the few to offer proper business class seats in Europe.

Old Sep 16, 2020, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AHC96
I've never seen them in person, only on this video. It doesn't show on Seat Guru either.

It's not the long-haul seats, so if they roll these seats on their short-medium haul flights, they would be one of the few to offer proper business class seats in Europe.
Yes, that was it!
Old Sep 16, 2020, 4:08 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
That's CS-TJM or -TJN. They're two former Primera birds that TAP acquired after Primera went down (they hadn't been delivered yet at the time). TP decided to leave Primera's original seating. They should be retrofitted soon to match the remainder of the narrowbody fleet, though.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 4:39 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Too bad if they retrofit these.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by Palal
Absolutely, C is one of the better ones in Europe and also Economy both in the red and green section better than in normal Tap planes. Had both planes several times already. Are there less seats in the Primera versions?
Old Sep 21, 2020, 4:14 pm
tff

The feedback I have got aware of, although not representative, is the opposite: people tend to find these planes' seats less comfortable than the regular ones (except for the green ones). I haven't flown them myself, though.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 12:41 am

Can’t confirm. The Primera planes are better in all classes and red and green in Y.

Probably you mean the former Aigle Azur Bird which was much better than the green seats but not than the red seats.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 1:40 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
The Aigle Azur bird is really horrible in any class (there's only one class on that one, no?)
Old Sep 22, 2020, 10:10 am
tff

No, I meant CS-TJM and -TJN.
F-HBAL and -HBIS were phased out before COVID.

The Aigle Azur bird is really horrible in any class (there's only one class on that one, no?)
Exactly.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 7:03 am

Programs: UA MM
Does anyone know which J configuration is used on LIS-TLV? All they claim is "A321neo" but it seems there are three versions: 3x3 with middle blocked, 2x2, and 2x2/1x1 lie flat. The TAP website is of absolutely no help. Many thanks.
Old Oct 7, 2020, 11:26 am
tff

Originally Posted by JimInOhio
Does anyone know which J configuration is used on LIS-TLV? All they claim is "A321neo" but it seems there are three versions: 3x3 with middle blocked, 2x2, and 2x2/1x1 lie flat. The TAP website is of absolutely no help. Many thanks.
It used to be the A321neoLR, ie, the one with lie flat seats in C.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.