Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Lisbon / LIS and other TAP lounge status? (Covid pandemic and onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lisbon / LIS and other TAP lounge status? (Covid pandemic and onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2023, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by RafKa
No lounge in FNC, but when I was there (late December) I was proactively offered a EUR 10 voucher for use at Cockpit bar only.
but this is most probably offered to TAP biz passengers only right? Star Alliance *G in eco will get nothing since no SA lounge opened.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 11:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by romans
but this is most probably offered to TAP biz passengers only right? Star Alliance *G in eco will get nothing since no SA lounge opened.
TP Gold, on cheap Y ticket. But you're right: *G probably gets nothing. I think the lounge there is permanently closed.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by RafKa
TP Gold, on cheap Y ticket. But you're right: *G probably gets nothing. I think the lounge there is permanently closed.
where did u get that voucher btw?
Old Jan 10, 2023, 2:13 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
where did u get that voucher btw?
Check in agent at J counter.
romans likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 9:53 pm

I wanted to check in anyone may have an update on the FNC lounge? I will by flying out April 8th early morning (Priority Pass) and was hoping they may have reopened.

Thanks!
Old May 16, 2023, 11:30 am

Any news on lounges in FNC and Azores? ANA lists several lounges for Madeira on its website...
Old May 16, 2023, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by estrela
Any news on lounges in FNC and Azores? ANA lists several lounges for Madeira on its website...
I can only say the TAP lounge at FNC was closed when I was there on April 8th.
estrela likes this.
Old May 30, 2023, 8:13 am

Question

if not fits this thread please move... anyone knows if TAP has any lounge at MXP? I am Star *G, will fly Tap Y, https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-finder says nothing about lounge there. thank you
Old May 30, 2023, 4:49 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
TAP uses the Lufthansa lounge at MXP.
romans likes this.
Old May 30, 2023, 5:12 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
if not fits this thread please move... anyone knows if TAP has any lounge at MXP? I am Star *G, will fly Tap Y, https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-finder says nothing about lounge there. thank you
Originally Posted by gojko88
TAP uses the Lufthansa lounge at MXP.
As gojko88 mentioned, it's indeed LH's lounge. You can find the list of lounges TP uses here and browse it here.
romans likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2023, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by cheapsk8te
I can only say the TAP lounge at FNC was closed when I was there on April 8th.
Update on the FNC lounges as I was there recently:
  • The TP lounge is closed forever.
  • The airport operator (ANA) opened a new lounge with a nice interior but a basic cold buffet even inferior to the one in LIS. Very friendly staff however stated that ANA is currently in negotiations to add this lounge to Priority Pass and TP does not want to pay for it currently. Access is available only for Lufthansa Group, Iberia and Sata passengers (only TATL) as well as for a sky-high price of €36 per person.
Overall a positive development after more than 3 years without a lounge on this airport. Management was not able to enable access for PP and TP in time.
Fun fact is that the Azores are still completely without any airport lounge and that Sata does not allow airport access in FNC for domestic flights while doing so in LIS and OPO.
chrisny2 and romans like this.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 2:02 am

Quick update for LIS. The airport operator did apparently all it could to improve the lounge situation (ironic).

The second lounge space is now the third year closed and long queues are common as the airport is busier than ever before.

Meanwhile lounge access is strictly restricted to 3hrs before ETA and some membership programs have been suspended.

I guess the hidden agenda is to 1) qualify for a short term management bonus and 2) make the current airport as unattractive as possible so that politicians that bought land around the new airport site can finally profit personally from this mess.
Rpg101 likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 11:11 am

Programs: Free Agent
What's anyone's experience at the Lounge in MIA when flying Executive Class. I know they use the Turkish Lounge (which I've used before - it's ok). When I go to the TAP website it interestingly says that the MIA lounge is not accessible for Executive Class, though I'm pretty sure it's Star Gold. Also, I've previously accessed the lounge on other SA carriers in business class.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 11:34 am

Programs: *A Gold, ST - E+
Originally Posted by PBIGuy
What's anyone's experience at the Lounge in MIA when flying Executive Class. I know they use the Turkish Lounge (which I've used before - it's ok). When I go to the TAP website it interestingly says that the MIA lounge is not accessible for Executive Class, though I'm pretty sure it's Star Gold. Also, I've previously accessed the lounge on other SA carriers in business class.
I used the Turkish Lounge earlier this year but it was a zoo, very hard to find a place to sit and we left after 20min in the lounge.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 2:15 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Originally Posted by PBIGuy
I used it also in January, flying in C and being Gold. It was also packed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.