Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Lisbon / LIS and other TAP lounge status? (Covid pandemic and onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lisbon / LIS and other TAP lounge status? (Covid pandemic and onwards)

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2021, 2:04 pm

Programs: FB Gold ; TAP Gold
Closed as of May 15th ...
Old Jun 12, 2021, 2:11 pm

Programs: M&M SEN**; FB Silver; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by kraftdinner_
Has anyone been to FNC lately or know if it's opened in the past month?
Still closed as of June 11.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
LIS lounge opens only at 08:00

With dozens of departures from Lisbon between 5am to 9am, all with business-class passengers, TAP can't get its arse into gear to open the lounge until 8am, can't even offer passengers a coffee voucher.

TP's unique take on customer service.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 1:34 pm

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Hello,
Is the TAP lounge open? Are there any other *Alliance lounges? Never been through LIsbon airport.
I have two flights with TAP. Paris to Lisbon october 1 evening arrival and Lisbon to Las Palmas morning dep. October 2. How late does the TAP lounge stay open and what time do they open in the morning?
I am planning to stay air side to avoid the Covid19 circus. I don't want to go land side even less go to the city.
I will have only light carry-on. This will be a quick return trip. Thank you for your help/advice.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 2:05 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
The airport is not a great spend to spend the night. Why not find a hotel room? You can find many reasonable hotel rooms within 15 mins of the airport.

The lounge is open 8AM to 11PM - which is crazy, given how many departures leave before 8AM.

You're flying in October - things will change before then.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is the ANA lounge still self service with wine and food? Can you take water, etc from the fridge? or is everything handled by an attendant?
Old Aug 12, 2021, 6:31 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, AF Platinum,TK and A3 Gold
I am flying TAP after a long time . Just realized that if you are flying Y class despite being a Star Alliance Gold Member . no lounge at Madrid or anywhere apart from Lisbon. Not sure about Star Alliance Lounge .
Definitely no more TAP flights for me .
Learn in the hard way
Old Aug 20, 2021, 11:25 am

Programs: Northwest, United
Long layover in LIS

I have a long connection (7 hours) in LIS on an upcoming trip, looking to set expectations for Lounge time (plus an airport shopping question...).

We will arrive from FRA on one ticket (arriving flight in on LH metal), then we have 7 glorious hours in LIS before our onward flight to PDL on TAP, which is booked on a separate ticket. That last leg is an award flight in Business class. Our transit of LIS will be on a Sunday afternoon/evening.

I know we will need to recover our checked bags upon arrival in LIS (traveling on two separate tickets), take care of other formalities (COVID test/vaccination status documentation) and later we will need to check in for our flight on TAP to PDL. That's a late departure (scheduled for 22:20 pm departure). Since we have business class tickets, I believe we should have access to the TAP Premium Lounge -- I assume that's the best (perhaps only?) option. We have many hours to kill, so I'm hoping to find a comfortable, relaxing space. On a Sunday afternoon/evening at the end of August -- should I expect that lounge to be open?

(We are flying business class, but we have no status on any airline, no Priority Pass or other lounge membership; basic TAP members though!)

Shopping question: As we will have just entered the EU, we would like to buy local SIMs for our phones. Can anyone recommend a shop in the airport for SIMs? Thanks.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 2:42 pm

Programs: FB Gold ; TAP Gold
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
I have a long connection (7 hours) in LIS on an upcoming trip, looking to set expectations for Lounge time (plus an airport shopping question...).

We will arrive from FRA on one ticket (arriving flight in on LH metal), then we have 7 glorious hours in LIS before our onward flight to PDL on TAP, which is booked on a separate ticket. That last leg is an award flight in Business class. Our transit of LIS will be on a Sunday afternoon/evening.

I know we will need to recover our checked bags upon arrival in LIS (traveling on two separate tickets), take care of other formalities (COVID test/vaccination status documentation) and later we will need to check in for our flight on TAP to PDL. That's a late departure (scheduled for 22:20 pm departure). Since we have business class tickets, I believe we should have access to the TAP Premium Lounge -- I assume that's the best (perhaps only?) option. We have many hours to kill, so I'm hoping to find a comfortable, relaxing space. On a Sunday afternoon/evening at the end of August -- should I expect that lounge to be open?

(We are flying business class, but we have no status on any airline, no Priority Pass or other lounge membership; basic TAP members though!)

Shopping question: As we will have just entered the EU, we would like to buy local SIMs for our phones. Can anyone recommend a shop in the airport for SIMs? Thanks.
You'll have access to the lounge.
Concerning the sim card, you'll find a Vodafone store in the terminal. If you're only interested in data in Portugal (mainland and islands) you can go with the "Vodafone go" plan: unlimited data at around 1 euro per day (you can get a 15euros or a 30 euros prepaid card). Just mind the store closing time: 5pm and enjoy your time on the island.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 2:38 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; AC 75k; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nwflyboy

Lisbon airport is very close to the city center. 7 hours is a long time to spend at the airport when you have such a great city to explore. I would check in to the next flight, get rid of my luggage, head out and get an Uber to the Baixa area and just walk around for a couple of hours. The Uber trip will take you 20 mins if outside of morning and evening rush, and is a much better way of spending your layover time. The TAP lounge is nice but not that nice.
Old Oct 17, 2021, 6:25 pm

Programs: Mileageplus
I am flying back from Lisbon in November back to the states. I am flying TAP business class and my mom is flying United business. Are we both able to use the Fast Track? How much time do you think we will need to get through security? We are flying back on a Saturday around 10am.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 3:03 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Originally Posted by Nath36
I am flying back from Lisbon in November back to the states. I am flying TAP business class and my mom is flying United business. Are we both able to use the Fast Track? How much time do you think we will need to get through security? We are flying back on a Saturday around 10am.
You'll be able to use the fast track indeed. Idk about your mom, but my guess is positive too.
You should clear security in 10 mins.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 1:21 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by john1987
I am flying TAP after a long time . Just realized that if you are flying Y class despite being a Star Alliance Gold Member . no lounge at Madrid or anywhere apart from Lisbon. Not sure about Star Alliance Lounge .
Definitely no more TAP flights for me .
Learn in the hard way
Wondered about this. Was considering doing the status match, but my home airport is MUC and it looks as though TAP Gold doesn't give me any lounge access there at all if flying economy. Can anyone confirm?
Old Oct 23, 2021, 2:01 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by mustafina
Wondered about this. Was considering doing the status match, but my home airport is MUC and it looks as though TAP Gold doesn't give me any lounge access there at all if flying economy. Can anyone confirm?
That's not correct. You have access to all the Star Gold lounges regardless of fare class. In MUC, that means access to all of the Lufthansa business and Senator lounges.

What you don't have access to is Contract Lounges...in Madrid, there are no Star Gold lounges, only a contract lounge for business class customers.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 4:21 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by chrisny2
That's not correct. You have access to all the Star Gold lounges regardless of fare class. In MUC, that means access to all of the Lufthansa business and Senator lounges.

What you don't have access to is Contract Lounges...in Madrid, there are no Star Gold lounges, only a contract lounge for business class customers.
Ah, OK, thanks. The *A lounge finder suggests that there are no lounges available in MUC if I filter by TAP gold status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.