Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Use TAP refund voucher with other Star Alliance Airlines?

Use TAP refund voucher with other Star Alliance Airlines?

Old Jun 17, 20, 5:17 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 1
Use TAP refund voucher with other Star Alliance Airlines?

Hi,

Today I received refund voucher from TAP. I was wondering if I can use the voucher to book flight with some other airline in Star Alliance?

Thanks!
retr0spect is offline  
Old Jun 18, 20, 6:59 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Programs: AC SEMM
Posts: 30
TAP voucher

NO.....
rcr416 is offline  
Old Jun 18, 20, 7:20 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Washington, DC, USA
Programs: UA-1Kmm, AA-EX Plt mm-, Hilton Diamond,
Posts: 1,086
Originally Posted by retr0spect View Post
Hi,

Today I received refund voucher from TAP. I was wondering if I can use the voucher to book flight with some other airline in Star Alliance?

Thanks!
In the event, TAP sells the flight you want as a codeshare you might in theory be able to. If you can book the flights on the TAP website under a TAP flight number it might be possible but I don't think this is very likely.
FLYDCA is offline  
Old Jun 18, 20, 7:42 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,109
On a related note does anybody know if you can "stack" the vouchers if you call in (that is use more than one voucher on a flight)? The TAP website only allows you to enter one voucher. I'll test it at some point but curious if anybody knows the answer.

One thing I have seen with the website is it doesn't seem to covert currency so if you have a euro currency voucher you need to change your location (via TAP website selection) to a country that will price in Euros. You can still book from US but you have to select a European country so it prices out in Euros not dollars.

Last edited by 36902BRF; Jun 18, 20 at 8:01 am
36902BRF is offline  
Old Oct 20, 20, 11:51 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by 36902BRF View Post
On a related note does anybody know if you can "stack" the vouchers if you call in (that is use more than one voucher on a flight)? The TAP website only allows you to enter one voucher. I'll test it at some point but curious if anybody knows the answer.
36902BRF , did you test it? Does it work?
This is a real bummer for me, because I made a booking for my wife and me, and they sent TWO vouchers, for each ticket one.
I don't want to use the 2 vouchers for a split booking.
esackbauer is offline  
Old Oct 27, 20, 10:42 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,109
Originally Posted by esackbauer View Post
36902BRF , did you test it? Does it work?
This is a real bummer for me, because I made a booking for my wife and me, and they sent TWO vouchers, for each ticket one.
I don't want to use the 2 vouchers for a split booking.
If you call in you can supposedly use two (but I didn't try) but on the website only one per booking at least in my attempts. I ended up booking two one ways (it was only me travelling) which actually worked out a bit cheaper than one round trip hence why I didn't call in.
esackbauer likes this.
36902BRF is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: