Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

Combining COVID rules to get a voucher for bookings after June?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2020, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

The rules are clear:
  1. Flights until 30th of June -> Voucher (120% value, 2 years)
  2. Flights later --> Rebooking to a new date up to Feb 2021 (or fly as planned)
We were supposed to go to a wedding in Portugal on July 2nd which was now postponed to July 17th 2021. So we are out of luck getting a voucher to use for flights in July 2021. If the flights don't get cancelled, all we can do is travel anytime until Feb 2021 to Portugal and buy new tickets for the new wedding date in July 2021.

Now, the smart voice in me suggests doing the following: User rule (2) to rebook from July 2020 to an earlier date, say June 15th (assumption no fare difference), and then once the ticket is re-issued, use rule (1) to get a vocuher. What do folks think, will that work?
Old May 28, 2020, 3:03 pm

I am very skeptical that your plan will work. I would say that your best strategy is to wait for them to cancel the flights in early July, which is the most likely outcome as things stand.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I second this - await the flight cancellation of the original flight in July. TAP will have to revise the Covid-19 rules at some stage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.