Redeeming TP Miles on Emirates

Old Apr 25, 2020, 5:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite+, SPG Plat, Jetsmarter
Redeeming TP Miles on Emirates

Hi,

not really familiar with the Miles&Go program (although a rather frequent TP flyer recently) so figured I'd ask here.
Setting aside all potential risks that come with buying/redeeming miles these days, does anyone have experince redeeming on EK? Given the current promo there might me some nice sweetspots..
But are those prices actually for roundtrips, do they charge YQ and most importantly is it actually possible to redeem for EK F? The english website is more than vague.

Thanks, Nils
Old Apr 29, 2020, 7:17 am

The prices are indeed for roundtrips, and the YQ is passed. I have called the miles&go number(800-931-1821 if you are in the U.S, not the general customer service number) twice, each time the answer I got from the rep is that EK F is not bookable, if you will call them yourself, and get a different answer, please by all means share here.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Thanks! Have gotten the same answer from the EU hotline as well in the meantime. Also seems that oneway is the same price as roundtrip.

Setting EK aside there are some very interesting options for (quasi) RTWs for 100k miles in C on *A partners. Those are bookable online - I was able to price one with six segments and ~28k BIS for 100k + ~250€ in taxes. Many options available though.
Old May 5, 2020, 8:35 am

Too bad you can't redeem on EK F, there are a few sweet spots I would have liked to take advantage of.
Would you mind sharing an example of your quasi RTW for 100k ? I suppose you do that with transiting through other regions, but I can't find anything that works. Did you use the multicity search ?
Old May 7, 2020, 8:17 am
Original Poster

You can use multicity for OJs/DOJs. A simple return shoud give some options as well.

Looking at the award chart originating C3 should give you a good idea what routings are possible

Last edited by nilsrtw; May 7, 2020 at 8:24 am
Old May 8, 2020, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by nilsrtw
You can use multicity for OJs/DOJs. A simple return shoud give some options as well.

Looking at the award chart originating C3 should give you a good idea what routings are possible
Using multi-city I always get an error if I choose more than two segments. Any tips?
Old May 8, 2020, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by strayersong
Using multi-city I always get an error if I choose more than two segments. Any tips?
That is how it should be I guess, only one stopover/OJ is allowed, the rest can only be layovers per the policy.
strayersong likes this.
Old May 18, 2020, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by nilsrtw

Thanks, I was indeed looking for flights out of C3, but I had no success in finding multi-segments trips, even with the multicity tool. I guess you need to rely on luck for the computer to offer you an extended routing based on availability..
Old Aug 23, 2020, 1:10 pm

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Hi, i just found this thread as i was researching using TAP miles for EK flights.

I called TAP and spoke to a very helpful agent who informed me....

TAP do not have access to EK F rewards.
Miles can only be used for Y and C on EK
The listed prices are for return bookings, one ways are possible, but they charge the same as a return flight.
NoY and JDiver like this.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 4:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Any recent experiences? By now one-way are available :-)

I wonder however when flying EK from EU to Africa how it will be calculated? As EU-DXB and DXB-Africa or can a transit be done in DXB at same cost as EU-Africa? Couldn't find this on TAP's webpage.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.