Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAP Air Portugal Offering Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2020, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
TAP Air Portugal Offering Status Match

TAP is offering 1,000 bonus miles when you enroll in the program during the month of March using promotion code BIRTHDAY01. There’s no actual activity required to earn those miles, but rather you just have to join the program.

Existing members can earn 1,000 bonus miles for each member they refer, up to five invites.

TAP Miles & Go has introduced a status match opportunity, allowing US members to earn either Silver or Gold status, which also correlates to Star Alliance Silver and Star Alliance Gold status.

In order to qualify, members need to either:
With this status match you are given status for up to six months, through September 30, 2020. Then to renew status beyond that you need to:
  • Earn 10,000 status miles to maintain Silver (it ordinarily requires 30,000 status miles per year)
  • Earn 25,000 status miles to maintain Gold (it ordinarily requires 75,000 status miles per year)
JDiver likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Amex Plat, UA Club Card, National EE, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
when will the status be awarded?
Old Mar 3, 2020, 12:13 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Where do you see the info on the status match? I only see that you can purchase TAP Miles&Go Club miles, which is not the same thing as TAP Miles&Go status.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 12:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone have any luck with this yet? I submitted a screenshot of my Delta account page showing my platinum status and purchased miles 2 days ago, but haven't heard anything yet. I'm guessing it may take a week or 2?
Old Mar 6, 2020, 8:24 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
I messaged them on Facebook and was told confirmations by / on 20 April. Seeing if it can be moved quicker.
Old Mar 7, 2020, 6:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
My wife and I just made ourselves member but I did not buy the miles (80 E each for maybe a status match is not worth it) We are both BA Gold. If I get the match i would be very happy if not I did not lose the money.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
I read about this on many blogs, but still didn’t really understand. The match is free or not? If one wants to extend the validity period, what is the minimum cost to do so? It seems that one can buy status miles, but then again that does not sound right.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
it's not free - you have to buy miles or a club membership it seems for it to go through. Minimum spend is 87 euros. Given that it's cheaper than seat selection on upcoming flights and I get lounge access, it makes sense but won't for all. I had it reconfirmed by email that we have to wait until April 20 to get confirmation of the match which seems a long wait.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 11:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Thanks! I’m really tempted to do this to be ”able” to fly LH and TK, but sucks that the initial period is only <6 months mostly during the summer when I try to avoid travelling much.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 9:15 pm

Hi,
Has anyone found the Referral button / link in their Miles&Go account? In theory it was going to be activated this week but haven't been able to see anything in my account.
Thanks
Old Mar 20, 2020, 11:41 am

A friendly Email has arrived last night:

"Dear Mr. XXX,

We inform that your application for the Status Match Challenge has been accepted and you will receive an e-mail along with your digital Client Card by April, 20th.

Best regards,

TAP Miles&Go Program"
Old Mar 31, 2020, 3:26 am

Apparently they extended the Status until 31st March 2021.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 9:07 am

Did they post this on their site? I was looking for more details but can't seem to find the site anymore

Last edited by leodrio; Apr 1, 2020 at 12:12 pm
Old Apr 1, 2020, 10:12 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta SkyMiles Platinum
Yes it was on their website but the offer ended last night. Very nice of them to extend status for a full year with the possibility to extend it for another year for only 25K.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 10:53 am

I know it's a bit silly to be talking about this now, but what strategies do people have to get the 25k?

Any carriers/booking classes/routes that are sweetspots (i.e. earn well) with TP?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.