Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAP Air Portugal Offering Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2020, 2:39 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by chris1979
is anyone else struggling with paying for the EUR 99 Club membership?

UK based here and the website (as well as the app) are insisting I enter a VAT number (which doesn't make sense for an individual / non-business) and if I try a random 9 digit number or leaving it blank, I get an error message.

feels more sensible to spend EUR 99 for 14,000 miles than EUR 70 for 2,000 - right?
I’m still waiting for a reply to say that my application has been accepted. How long did you have to wait?
Old Jul 16, 2020, 4:39 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by captaincox
I’m still waiting for a reply to say that my application has been accepted. How long did you have to wait?
Joined the programme on a Wednesday and got the 'status match confirmation' email on Monday so 3 working days ish.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, FPC lifetime Plat, Kohls MVP
​​​​​​​123456789 worked for me.

is anyone else struggling with paying for the EUR 99 Club membership?

UK based here and the website (as well as the app) are insisting I enter a VAT number (which doesn't make sense for an individual / non-business) and if I try a random 9 digit number or leaving it blank, I get an error message.

feels more sensible to spend EUR 99 for 14,000 miles than EUR 70 for 2,000 - right?

123456789 worked for me.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 5:43 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If I do an "Inspect" on the field in Chrome, it seems the validation is for a 9 digit VAT number, which is the UK norm, but it's referenced against the Portuguese 7 digit number system. So it's destined to fail. If you change your country to Falkland Islands it then expects 7 digits, and of course the Islands don't have VAT anyway, so that may work for you. Or try another browser which may not validate the number.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 9:31 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If I do an "Inspect" on the field in Chrome, it seems the validation is for a 9 digit VAT number, which is the UK norm, but it's referenced against the Portuguese 7 digit number system. So it's destined to fail. If you change your country to Falkland Islands it then expects 7 digits, and of course the Islands don't have VAT anyway, so that may work for you. Or try another browser which may not validate the number.
Having been Gold with TAP for a couple of years now, I can assure you the customer service is worse than their IT. Good luck to all those who embark on this journey
Old Jul 18, 2020, 3:42 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by GumboCook
123456789 worked for me.
I had tried that but couldn't get it to work.

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
and this, dearest sir, is where, as always, your tech ability and understanding trumps mine. I tried 7. I tried 9. I tried safari. I tried chrome. to no avail.

I keep forgetting that different browsers do different things. I just think of it as 'the internet'. usually.

Originally Posted by keitherson
Having been Gold with TAP for a couple of years now, I can assure you the customer service is worse than their IT. Good luck to all those who embark on this journey
oh dear.

I ended up just buying the 2,000 miles as couldn't get the EUR 99 Club thing to work. let's see what happens.

thanks for the help and pointers.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 7:27 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
I had tried that but couldn't get it to work.

and this, dearest sir, is where, as always, your tech ability and understanding trumps mine. I tried 7. I tried 9. I tried safari. I tried chrome. to no avail.

I keep forgetting that different browsers do different things. I just think of it as 'the internet'. usually.

oh dear.

I ended up just buying the 2,000 miles as couldn't get the EUR 99 Club thing to work. let's see what happens.

thanks for the help and pointers.
Thanks for the tips. I managed to get the VAT number to work by selecting Falkland Islands and then 1234567.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 2:25 pm

How much time does it take to get a status match? So I've submitted an application, got approval email, bought 99 EUR club membership... What next, how long to wait? And where on the website can I actually see my current "status"?
Old Jul 20, 2020, 4:19 am

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
Originally Posted by oruvin
How much time does it take to get a status match? So I've submitted an application, got approval email, bought 99 EUR club membership... What next, how long to wait? And where on the website can I actually see my current "status"?
You will get a match in a couple f weeks. It's not instant. When you login on TAP and go to your client area, the background colour of the space where you name, TAP number and miles will turn gold. You can also go into TAP Miles & Go tab and go into My TAP Miles&Go card. It will say your status and show the digital card.
oruvin likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 10:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Does anyone have a sense how long this promotion might run (perhaps based on previous iterations)? Interested in taking advantage and planning to fly TAP when things start to open up, but obviously, would prefer not to "start the clock" on status until we are much closer to being able to travel. I've reviewed the website, etc. but have found any discussion of when the promotion/offer might end.

Regards
Old Jul 22, 2020, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by chrisny2
When I enter it on united.com it doesn't accept it with or without the TP. Both times I've booked, I've had United's Twitter team add it.
Originally Posted by AHC96
United.com accepts my TP number when I don't add the space on it, so TP45... rather than TP 45...
Just checked in for SNA-DEN tomorrow. I entered my TP number, just the number without the TP and that seemed to work. My BP shows TP Star Alliance Gold.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 1:21 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Its been 13 days now and I have not heard back from TAP after initial registration so that I can complete the purchase of miles to get the status match. Anyone's has taken this long?
Old Jul 24, 2020, 2:43 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
Its been 13 days now and I have not heard back from TAP after initial registration so that I can complete the purchase of miles to get the status match. Anyone's has taken this long?
Yes, about 3 weeks back in March. I bought the miles at the time of signing up. They're not quick, but as long as you haven't used something like an EasyJet Plus card you should be fine. You could always drop them an email to chase it up.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 4:55 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
2 ˝ weeks and still waiting for their response ...
Old Jul 24, 2020, 9:00 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by midvid
Yes, about 3 weeks back in March. I bought the miles at the time of signing up. They're not quick, but as long as you haven't used something like an EasyJet Plus card you should be fine. You could always drop them an email to chase it up.
I have sent them my current AA EXP card Ok I will wait.

Last edited by honzeek_cz; Jul 24, 2020 at 9:21 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.