Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAP Air Portugal Offering Status Match

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2020, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
TAP already said that physical cards cant be ordered because of COVID-19, but seems that they want you to contact them to request the card upon your first tier renewal as a Gold Member and there's no forecast for physical card issuing at this moment.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by matmas
You still only need 25,000 status miles to maintain gold status. I got in touch with TAP this week via email:
Not sure I'd rely on that email response. I just received this reply to my email query...

Dear Sir,
In reply to your email, we inform you that for keep your gold status you need 50.000 status miles.
TAP Air Portugal thanks you for your preference.
For any further information, please feel free to contact our TAP Miles&Go Gold service line, available 24/7, where we will be quite pleased to help you.

Best Regards,
Programa TAP Miles&Go

Which is consistent with both my dashboard and Miles&Go info on the website, although you can apparently convert 10,000 Bonus miles to status miles and reduce the 50,000 to 45,000.
Am I missing something here?

Old Jun 5, 2020, 4:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
The promotion said 25,000 miles to renew the status, but they seem to have scraped that.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 12:01 pm

Programs: IB Platino/OWE, LX SEN/*G, TP Gold/*G, ALL Accor Platinum
I asked again:

Meu aplicativo TAP diz que preciso de 50.000 milhas - e năo 25.000 como nas regras de açăo - para manter o estatuto Gold. Isso será alterado? Eu acho que isso é um bug no seu sistema.
The agent confirmed that you only need 25,000 miles if status has been acquired through the status match:

Em resposta ao seu e-mail, informamos que o valor que surge na nossa APP de 50.000 milhas Status é o valor habitual para os passageiros Gold.

No seu caso, uma vez que o seu estatuto Gold é através do Status Match Challange, nesta primeira fase apenas necessita de acumular as 25.000 milhas status.
All good ;-)
moejoe2342 likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I asked again:
The agent confirmed that you only need 25,000 miles if status has been acquired through the status match:
All good ;-)

I should have asked in Portuguese.
NoY and matmas like this.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777

I should have asked in Portuguese.
Definitely ;-) In my experience it usually helps.
moejoe2342 likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Asked again in English and specifically mentioned the Status Match Challenge. Less than an hour later, the same response as matmas.

"... In reference to your email, we hereby inform that in your case, since your Gold status is performed by Status Match Challange, in this first stage, you only need to have 25.000 status miles. We also would like to inform that the information of the 50.000 status miles is the usual value for Gold passengers in order to keep the status. TAP Air Portugal thanks you for your preference... "
matmas and moejoe2342 like this.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 7:44 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Excellent that TAP has confirmed that "status matchers" require 25,000 this year to retain gold after this membership year - but has your online/app data changed to reflect this? Thanks!
moejoe2342 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 2:34 am

No, the data in the app remains the same (as for normal Gold members).
I suspect, TAP will process the requalification manually.
I think that only a few will (and want to) collect the 25,000 miles, most will be satisfied with one year of free status.
NoY and moejoe2342 like this.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 3:52 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
I think that only a few will (and want to) collect the 25,000 miles, most will be satisfied with one year of free status.
Oh, OK thanks. I will renew as its pretty easy with just one long-haul J/F round trip on a qualifying fare
Old Jun 14, 2020, 11:03 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
Thank you for chasing it up.. I’m going for renewal and have trips booked!
Old Jun 14, 2020, 3:11 pm

Would be curious to hear what people here have booked or plan to book.

I was looking at this ( https://www.frankfurtflyer.de/luftha...-218-euro-uvm/ ) today. E.g. an LH AMS-FRA-BKK routing in C for 1218€ should generate 23k status miles - if I'm not mistaken.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 8:03 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by moejoe2342

I was looking at this ( https://www.frankfurtflyer.de/luftha...-218-euro-uvm/ ) today. E.g. an LH AMS-FRA-BKK routing in C for 1218€ should generate 23k status miles - if I'm not mistaken.
Too early to say right exactly what I will book but this year & could be ex-S.E.Asia-EUR or vice versa, depending on deals. Will be in J or hopefully F. If anyone has any ex-BKK/SIN/KUL/ F deals on *A I would be most grateful
moejoe2342 likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 3:13 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
Originally Posted by moejoe2342

I've got a trip AMS-EWR-MIA booked next spring with United and a trip to Portugal in August so far. Looking for another long haul to fit with work to make it complete. One thing I am getting my head around is different earn rates with Star Alliance airlines. United 'P' Class business fares get 200 per-cent, as does discount business on Turkish. But, then Lufthansa and Swiss only 100 per-cent and some Ethiopian discount business seem to earn '0'. So.. check the fare class against TAP's table. The sweet spots seem to be United and Turkish, though I haven't memorised it yet!!!
Old Jun 15, 2020, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I booked one of the cheap ex-BUD LH/LX First Class fares for next February/March. BUD-LAX/LAS-LAX-BUD roundtrip First on LX for $2,800 (actually 185K Chase UR points and $0). Should earn way more than I need... around 37K status miles from the 300% earning A fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.