Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAP Air Portugal Offering Status Match

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2020, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
Originally Posted by SFO777
Fastest and easiest way to 50K is cheap Business (at 200%) and First Class (at 300% on EK-LH-LX) fares.
Thanks.. that works. I know they're a partner, but do miles with EK credit as status miles?
moejoe2342 likes this.
Old May 14, 2020, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by midvid
Thanks.. that works. I know they're a partner, but do miles with EK credit as status miles?
Good question. Looks like no. Sorry forget that one.

"...Only miles earned from flights with TAP and Star Alliance members are considered to be Status Miles and count towards Silver and Gold status..."
https://www.flytap.com/en-us/miles-a...?accordionid=1
moejoe2342 likes this.
Old May 15, 2020, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
Good question. Looks like no. Sorry forget that one.

"...Only miles earned from flights with TAP and Star Alliance members are considered to be Status Miles and count towards Silver and Gold status..."
https://www.flytap.com/en-us/miles-a...?accordionid=1
Thanks for the info. Will get my head around the earn/burn table. Any ideas how it works on codeshares? I have flight booked with United in P (200 percent), but then return on Swiss on UA flight number/United ticket.. also in P. Swiss on P is 100.. so it the marketing or operating carrier’s points?
Old May 15, 2020, 8:18 pm

Programs: AF KLM Gold, TAP Gold, CA Silver, HH Diamond, Delta, SQ, CX, UA
Thanks for the info. Will get my head around the earn/burn table. Any ideas how it works on codeshares? I have flight booked with United in P (200 percent), but then return on Swiss on UA flight number/United ticket.. also in P. Swiss on P is 100.. so it the marketing or operating carrier’s points?
I think perhaps it depends on the flights operator. Codeshare makes no sense. Not 100% sure.
midvid and moejoe2342 like this.
Old May 16, 2020, 12:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Mine too. Now let's see when we can get flying again..
Mine as well. Thanks to everyone who has contributed! Paid 70e for the miles, which opened up a ton of European airlines for intra-Europe travel. Great deal!
moejoe2342 likes this.
Old May 16, 2020, 11:09 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, working on OZ Diamond, previously AA EXP, UA 1K, AS MVP75
if i nominate someone to be gold, does his/her account state change instantly?
Old May 16, 2020, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by UAConcorde
if i nominate someone to be gold, does his/her account state change instantly?
Yes they do, or at least within a couple of hours
moejoe2342 likes this.
Old May 17, 2020, 5:12 am

Programs: S7 Gold (OW Sapphire), TAP Gold (* Gold), IHG Spire, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
My TAP Gold status match not been processed yet

Unfortunately I've still not had my TAP Gold status processed via the Status match yet.

I received an email on 29th April 2020 saying that my Status match had been accepted and that I would receive an email along with digital card by May 16th.

I emailed them yesterday to chase up but haven't heard back from them yet....

Originally Posted by Alec84
Mine as well. Thanks to everyone who has contributed! Paid 70e for the miles, which opened up a ton of European airlines for intra-Europe travel. Great deal!
Old May 17, 2020, 11:27 am

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
Originally Posted by KilburnFlyer
Unfortunately I've still not had my TAP Gold status processed via the Status match yet.

I received an email on 29th April 2020 saying that my Status match had been accepted and that I would receive an email along with digital card by May 16th.

I applied on April 16th and was told by May 16th. Perhaps wait until the 29th? So it's a full month from the day you applied.
Old May 18, 2020, 7:18 am

Programs: S7 Gold (OW Sapphire), TAP Gold (* Gold), IHG Spire, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Better late than never :)

Some good news, my account was updated this morning and I now have TAP Gold Status wohoo

Originally Posted by KilburnFlyer

AHC96 likes this.
Old May 22, 2020, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by AHC96
I applied on April 16th and was told by May 16th. Perhaps wait until the 29th? So it's a full month from the day you applied.
Keep checking online.. in the 'client area'. My account changed to Gold without warning (applied mid April).
Old May 23, 2020, 2:44 am

Programs: IB Platino/OWE, LX SEN/*G, TP Gold/*G, ALL Accor Platinum
You still only need 25,000 status miles to maintain gold status. I got in touch with TAP this week via email:

Em resposta ao seu e-mail, informamos que deverá acumular 25.000 milhas para a manutenção do seu estatuto.
Adicionalmente, gostaríamos de relembrar que todos os seus contactos deverão ser feitos para este mesmo endereço de e-mail [email protected] ou através da nossa linha Miles&Go Gold.
A TAP Air Portugal agradece a sua preferência.
moejoe2342 likes this.
Old May 23, 2020, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by matmas
You still only need 25,000 status miles to maintain gold status. I got in touch with TAP this week via email:
Does your dashboard say 50,000?
moejoe2342 likes this.
Old May 23, 2020, 7:38 am

Programs: IB Platino/OWE, LX SEN/*G, TP Gold/*G, ALL Accor Platinum
Does your dashboard say 50,000?
Yes. The dashboard has not been adjusted.
Old May 23, 2020, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by matmas
Yes. The dashboard has not been adjusted.
Thanks... that's cool, should make that when things get rolling again!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.