Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAP Air Portugal Offering Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2020, 11:13 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by celsdon
Same here - they did the 12month offer at last minute so assuming they've done that for everybody.
But 2022 is what my card says - not 2021 (so...2 years). Is that right?
Old Apr 23, 2020, 12:15 am

Programs: AF KLM Gold, TAP Gold, CA Silver, HH Diamond, Delta, SQ, CX, UA
Originally Posted by moejoe2342
I also finally have TAP Gold now in the system (matched from BA Gold). Any cool ideas for how to get the 25k status miles for extension?
Excuse me, may I ask when your account was updated? On Apr. 22? And what the date you were informed previously in the email?
I was told my card counld be updated on Apr. 21 but my status is still Green. Anxious.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by chrisny2
But 2022 is what my card says - not 2021 (so...2 years). Is that right?
Hmm same here...not sure what is going on with it but would suggest that Gold status is valid until 2022 not 2021 as expected

Originally Posted by dk_hym
Excuse me, may I ask when your account was updated? On Apr. 22? And what the date you were informed previously in the email?
I was told my card counld be updated on Apr. 21 but my status is still Green. Anxious.
On mine account updated on 22nd April, so if you bought miles under the status match in March might be worth emailing [email protected] who were quite quick in helping. If it's under the April promo for status match, it is probably too early as they've done another status match this month too.

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 23, 2020 at 8:38 pm Reason: Merging and approving posts
Old Apr 23, 2020, 10:41 pm

Hmm same here...not sure what is going on with it but would suggest that Gold status is valid until 2022 not 2021 as expected

On mine account updated on 22nd April, so if you bought miles under the status match in March might be worth emailing [email protected] who were quite quick in helping. If it's under the April promo for status match, it is probably too early as they've done another status match this month too.
Thanks a lot. It's under the March promo, and I have wrote emails, but no reply. I wonder if it's because my membership card would expire on March...Maybe I failed to match. But how could they send an email to tell me my status would update on 21, Apr.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 5:16 am

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
Originally Posted by moejoe2342
I also finally have TAP Gold now in the system (matched from BA Gold). Any cool ideas for how to get the 25k status miles for extension?
Depends where you're based and what class you usually fly. For TAP and most partners, if you're on business then you get 200% of miles flown, but most economy and premium economy only get 100% or less.

If you're in Europe, then TAP has amazing deals for Brazil, but LHR-LIS-GRU would get 23604 miles. Then you can hop around Brazil/South America with Gol/Azul to reach the 25k. TAP will start Cape Town in November, and that would be 25204 miles. Otherwise you can look at Star Alliance partners, if you prefer other places that aren't Brazil and Africa.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 7:43 pm

Programs: OZ
Received an email saying I will be getting another email on 21/04/2020 with upgrade information, but didn't received so.

Sent an enquiry email a couple days later and received a reply saying an investigation will be undertaken.

Today check apps showing status upgraded to GOLD.

Anyone knows how to request a physical card?
Old Apr 25, 2020, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by miceking
Received an email saying I will be getting another email on 21/04/2020 with upgrade information, but didn't received so.

Sent an enquiry email a couple days later and received a reply saying an investigation will be undertaken.

Today check apps showing status upgraded to GOLD.

Anyone knows how to request a physical card?
Congrats!
Same with me. They finally replied that they has reported and would solve this problem ASAP. I checked my account also today and Gold done!
Also wanna a physical card. Wait for any guideline.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by dk_hym
Congrats!
Same with me. They finally replied that they has reported and would solve this problem ASAP. I checked my account also today and Gold done!
Also wanna a physical card. Wait for any guideline.
Good news! I have taken a look and it seems the guidance on physical card is confusing so will try contacting them direct - below is from the Ts&Cs page of Miles&Go (not able to post URL on flyer talk yet due to my low number of posts)
. Access to TAP Miles&Go Programme awards and benefits is only granted on presentation of a client card and/or client number.

The TAP Miles&Go, Silver and Gold Cards are only available in digital format.
The TAP Miles&Go Client can access the digital version of their Card, which is automatically updated, according to their status. This version of the card has a QR code that performs the same data checking functions as the magnetic strip of a regular card.
The Gold Card is Digital from 2 July 2018. On the first validation of the Card and for 30 days you can choose to receive an actual card without any additional charge – Grace Period.
Grace Period. How it works:
A period of 30 days during which the Client may choose to request an actual card free of charge. After this period a fee of 25 euros is applied.
Available only on the first card validation.
On the second card validation, all Gold Clients will receive digital cards, although they can receive an actual card upon payment of a €25 fee.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 7:31 am

Good news! I have taken a look and it seems the guidance on physical card is confusing so will try contacting them direct - below is from the Ts&Cs page of Miles&Go (not able to post URL on flyer talk yet due to my low number of posts)
Yeah, i have noticed this too. But it doesn't say how to send the request, the promo email sounds not a good idea. Hotline maybe?
Old Apr 27, 2020, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Signed up 4/21 using my BA Gold for status match. Hadn't heard anything so I emailed TAP this morning. Three hours later, received this reply...

We inform that your application for the Status Match Challenge has been accepted and you will receive an e-mail along with your digital Client Card by May, 16th.

Best regards,
TAP Miles&Go Program
Old Apr 27, 2020, 12:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, working on OZ Diamond, previously AA EXP, UA 1K, AS MVP75
How many miles should I buy minimum to have a reasonable redemption?

Are there other ways to use miles other than booking flights? (doesnt look like it)

Cyrrently it is 2000 miles for 70 euros or 14000 miles over a year for 99 euros as a club membership

Im having real trouble deciding which one to go for. Like wate of money additional 29 euros to go for the membership

Last edited by UAConcorde; Apr 27, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Old Apr 27, 2020, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
Originally Posted by UAConcorde
How many miles should I buy minimum to have a reasonable redemption?

Are there other ways to use miles other than booking flights? (doesnt look like it)

Cyrrently it is 2000 miles for 70 euros or 14000 miles over a year for 99 euros as a club membership

Im having real trouble deciding which one to go for. Like wate of money additional 29 euros to go for the membership
Here's a their site on what you can use your miles. I would say miles for flights is the best way to redeem them.

https://www.flytap.com/en-gb/miles-and-go/spend-miles
Old Apr 28, 2020, 4:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, working on OZ Diamond, previously AA EXP, UA 1K, AS MVP75
Originally Posted by AHC96
Here's a their site on what you can use your miles. I would say miles for flights is the best way to redeem them.

https://www.flytap.com/en-gb/miles-and-go/spend-miles
Thanks, but being based in the US and having orphan miles from this status match, I likely won't have enough for a flight redemption

Unlikely that I will transfer any more miles since the value is quite low

I hear you can turn miles into supermarket vouchers in Portugal? Is that something a tourist can do?
Old Apr 28, 2020, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by UAConcorde
Thanks, but being based in the US and having orphan miles from this status match, I likely won't have enough for a flight redemption
Unlikely that I will transfer any more miles since the value is quite low
You need to look at the big picture. While many redemption levels seem high, there are sweet spots in the program. Like with partner Emirates. Also, Intra-zone like intra-North America and NA to South America and Europe are competitively priced compared to redemption rates with other Star Alliance carriers like United and Air Canada. This is a really good analysis...
https://upgradedpoints.com/best-ways...portugal-miles

And the current promotion lets you buy miles for a very low 1.1 cents per mile... way less than buying United miles.
https://www.flytap.com/en-us/client-area/buy-miles

Old Apr 28, 2020, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
You need to look at the big picture. While many redemption levels seem high, there are sweet spots in the program. Like with partner Emirates. Also, Intra-zone like intra-North America and NA to South America and Europe are competitively priced compared to redemption rates with other Star Alliance carriers like United and Air Canada. This is a really good analysis...
https://upgradedpoints.com/best-ways...portugal-miles

And the current promotion lets you buy miles for a very low 1.1 cents per mile... way less than buying United miles.
https://www.flytap.com/en-us/client-area/buy-miles

I would only buy those miles if you know how to spend them in the next few days. The future of TP and its mileage programme seem highly uncertain at this point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.