Wiki Posts
Search

TAP Air Portugal Offering Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2022, 10:51 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Laudl13
So it appears the rule has changed since beginning of 2022 and now it is 50 000 miles status or 40 TAP flights.
I would say Q3 2022 for sure , i did the match in april and its still under old conditions

The information I don't have is what's happen with the Status Miles/ TAP flights earned if the renewal is achieved before the renewal date (Tap told me that the renewal date never changes):
Lets wait and see what other senior members can say about it , but in my opinion if think there is a reset to zero , i might be wrong but this require confirmation
Old Nov 1, 2022, 11:27 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Silver / TAP & Star Alliance Gold / Accor Hotels Gold / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by fifty_two
I would say Q3 2022 for sure , i did the match in april and its still under old conditions
Ok, I understand.
I checked again my account and I have more than 27 000 status miles and 4 TAP flights (the TAP app was not updated yesterday ...).
- On the TAP app, it says I need 50 000 Status miles or 40 TAP flights to renew (I have two graphics showing my progress)
- On the TAP website, it says I need 0 to renew my status

Into the confirmation email I received last July, there is also this sentence: "We inform you that, due to technical reasons, the information you will find in your client area may be different from this*. However, these rules will prevail for clients involved in the Status Match Campaign."

*"this" is the following: "Your new status will be valid for at least 12 months from the date of your Promotion. At the end of the Annual Miles Earning Period, your status will be regulated in accordance with the general regulations applicable to the TAP Miles&Go Programme."

Lets wait and see what other senior members can say about it , but in my opinion if think there is a reset to zero , i might be wrong but this require confirmation
Ok, let's see if somebody has this information!
Old Nov 2, 2022, 4:34 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
fifty_two
The information I don't have is what's happen with the Status Miles/ TAP flights earned if the renewal is achieved before the renewal date (Tap told me that the renewal date never changes):
- These Status miles/ TAP flights will be credited for my "next" renewal
- in all cases, the reset of status miles/TP flights counter is done each July 31th (in my case) and the additional status miles/ TAP flights earned between the day I reached 50 000 miles status (for example in April) and June 31th will be lost

If you have additional/others information, I am interested!
There are no rollover miles or flights, so all miles or flights flown above the threshold are "wasted" miles or flights for qualification purposes.
fifty_two likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 4:49 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tff
There are no rollover miles or flights, so all miles or flights flown above the threshold are "wasted" miles or flights for qualification purposes.
thanks , so you confirmed what i expected . Now Laudl13 you have the answer you need
Old Nov 2, 2022, 4:52 am
Accor Contributor Badge

questions about TP policies

When TP says that "in last month of validity , this card can be used only if same level has been reached"

that brings me few questions
  • by "using the card" = they mean that all benefits attached to status ? Or just me using the card where its required, for instance lounges ?
  • So essentially it means TP status is only valid for 11 months , if not renewed , and to get that last 12th month you need to collect all your status miles within those 11 months ??
  • What happens if i take 11,5 months to get all status miles , and my last journey , which will help me pass the threshold , start during the 11th month a finish during the 12th month ?? My benefits then won't apply during return trip only ???
  • it seems the conversion option from bonus miles to status miles is not possible for people during their status match year, is it correct or not ?

thanks
Old Nov 2, 2022, 1:13 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It would probably help to have that last post split into a worked example (it can be hypothetical) since it's easier to untangle.

But from the posts above, the way the match works is that temporarily your upgrade year (and yes it can be 11 months) resets the counter over your actual renewal month. So let's say your standard renewal month is February but your upgrade year is May. The clock keeps turning in February 2023 and continues until May 2023. In May 2023: have you hit the upgrade target yes or no. If yes, then you renew to February 2024 - but here's the crucial bit, they partly clear down the clock, they remove the earnings to February 2023, but any flights credited from February 2023 to May 2023 stay on the clock.

Therefore renewal in February 2024 (to 2025) depends on you hitting the standard, non upgrade targets in the 12 month period ending February 2024, NOT the period from May 2023 to February 2024.

Note that if TAP is worried about losing too many Golds it will launch a double status mile promotion, there seems to be one of these every 3 months at the moment.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 12:18 am

Programs: Flying Blue Silver / TAP & Star Alliance Gold / Accor Hotels Gold / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
thanks , so you confirmed what i expected . Now Laudl13 you have the answer you need
Well noted, thanks

It seems the conversion option from bonus miles to status miles is not possible for people during their status match year, is it correct or not ?
I did not find any information about this point but I am also very interested by this one. It could be a precious help to achieve the status renewal ...
Old Nov 11, 2022, 6:24 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It would probably help to have that last post split into a worked example (it can be hypothetical) since it's easier to untangle.

But from the posts above, the way the match works is that temporarily your upgrade year (and yes it can be 11 months) resets the counter over your actual renewal month. .
Ok , in my case i created my TP account , applied and got approved for the status match in the same month , so no changes for me but i get your point , thanks

there seems to be one of these every 3 months at the moment.
you are right , the started a new one in same period as you wrote this post

So any clues about my other questions , especially about the conversion option from bonus miles to status miles
Old Nov 11, 2022, 11:19 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
So any clues about my other questions , especially about the conversion option from bonus miles to status miles
From what I can make out - and it would be good to hear from other people's experiences - Conversion is quite limited. It relates to both to the mile earning period and the year end period, as well as the original renewal targets. See Terms and Condition point 31 Mile Shop

https://www.flytap.com/en-gb/terms-a...s-miles-and-go

So while I don't know for certain, I don't think it's going to help with the initial match / challenge. Otherwise you need between 2,000 and 10,000 Bonus mies which convert at 50% to status miles.
fifty_two likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 10:12 pm

I've read all TAP programs rules (general terms and statut match rules) and I didn't find any mention that this conversion option was forbidden for "Status match" Gold Member.

What I understand is that you can convert 10 000 miles into 5 000 status miles to remain Gold and that you can activate this conversion only when you reach 45 000 status miles and not before (point 31 of Terms and conditions mentioned into the previous post)
Old Nov 11, 2022, 10:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
From what I can make out - and it would be good to hear from other people's experiences - Conversion is quite limited. It relates to both to the mile earning period and the year end period, as well as the original renewal targets. See Terms and Condition point 31 Mile Shop

https://www.flytap.com/en-gb/terms-a...s-miles-and-go

So while I don't know for certain, I don't think it's going to help with the initial match / challenge. Otherwise you need between 2,000 and 10,000 Bonus mies which convert at 50% to status miles.
The syntax of this bit is rather awkward and confusing, probably due to translation issues from Portuguese -

If you are Silver and want to move up to Gold:
  • You must have at least 60,000 Status Miles that can be converted;
  • You can convert up to 20,000 Bonus Miles, which become 10,000 Status Miles;
  • You need 70,000 Status Miles to attain Gold status.
If you are Gold and want to maintain this status:
  • You must have at least 45,000 Status Miles in the account, which can be converted;
  • You can convert up to 10,000 Bonus Miles into 5,000 Status Miles;
  • To remain Gold you need 50,000 Status Miles.

What this means is that you cannot initiate a Bonus Miles to Status Miles conversion until you are within 5000 Status Miles of the target level e.g. to retain Gold you need to have already earned at least 45000 Status Miles in your collection year before the system will aloow you to top them up with a Bonus Miles conversion.

This year TAP are also running an alternative 'accounting period' for those struggling to meet renewal targets. Potentially most useful to those with mid-year anniversary dates, if you haven't met the renewal threshold by your natuaral 'collection year' end TAP will look at miles accumulated between 1st January and 31st December 2022 and if this total meets the threshold for renewal status will be maintained even if the number of miles earned during you actual collection year was less than the threshold.

Note that this is an either/or count, not in combnation i.e if your collection year is June 21-22 you must meet the target either between June 21-22 or Jan-Dec 22, not Jun 21-Dec 22!
Old Nov 15, 2022, 4:29 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Hi

thanks all for your replies , now i know what to do

I will try to use the conversion next year, as i have a trip planned and i will get me over the threshold for this year
Old Nov 15, 2022, 11:43 am

I will try to use the conversion next year, as i have a trip planned and i will get me over the threshold for this year
Do you mean you will be over 45 000 status miles after your next trip?

If you could provide feedback when you do that it would be very nice ; I assume it will interest some people (including me!)

Last edited by Laudl13; Nov 15, 2022 at 11:43 am Reason: Grammar
Old Nov 16, 2022, 6:30 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Do you mean you will be over 45 000 status miles after your next trip?
No , i mean that after my next trip i will pass the threshold to retain my status for next year

If you could provide feedback when you do that it would be very nice ; I assume it will interest some people (including me!)
It will take place in Q1 2023 , so i will monitor the situation and let you know what happen (if any changes noticed)
Laudl13 likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 12:28 pm

Hi...Anyone knows if TAP is currently running a status match with any OneWorld airline?
thanls

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.