Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAP Air Portugal Offering Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2022, 6:28 am

I have the same problem and have emailed them but with no response so far. Interestingly enough the landing page for the Status Match no longer exists so I am guessing the set the end of July as the cut off date and/or prefer that people spend at least €140. It is however unfair for those who are still within the 10 day period and cannot subscribe to the Basic Club. At €99 it still makes financial sense. To spend €140? Much less so.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 7:27 am

Quick update. Finally managed to speak to someone on the phone and was able to buy the Basic Club subscription with receipt received from TAP. Still no change to my online account status though...
Old Aug 8, 2022, 7:36 am

Programs: VA Platinum, QR Platinum, QF Gold, ITA Executive, HH Diamond, Accor Plus Diamond
As I mentioned the other day I just ended up coughing up the €140 for miles and got the approval today of status match. Email stated that it would take up to 15 days to show the upgrade on my card and app
Old Aug 8, 2022, 8:50 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
So after emailing them back saying how bad their website is and how i couldnt buy any of the Club options, they called me, once it was 9pm so i didnt pick up, didn't know who the number was... I emailed them back asking them to call me during office hours, which they did. They made me buy the option on the phone, which I wasn't too hot about, I hate giving my card details over the phone but.... I gave in. Paid on Friday, nothing on my account yet, besides the welcome 2000miles. I did get a confirmation of the match though.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 9:51 am

Thx for checking with CS. It works again now!
Old Aug 8, 2022, 11:49 am

Data point: I sent out the status match request form on July 28, got the confirmation on Aug 2 which requested me to either buy the Club membership or some miles. Did the purchase of the Basic Club membership the same day, got another confirmation email Aug 3.
Although until today, I haven't seen the new status reflected on my account though...
Old Aug 8, 2022, 1:13 pm
Suspended

hopefully they bring the status match back
Old Oct 6, 2022, 6:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
Did the status match offer end?
Waz22 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 6:38 pm

Does anyone know if Portugália operated flights with TP flight numbers count as TAP flights for the purposes of status re-qualification? Normally regional affiliate counts as airline operated, but partner codeshare does not. However, it seems like Portugália is in a weird middle ground with the ongoing effort to merge them into TAP proper.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 2:08 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Portugália did count fuily for Status and Bonus miles. It was dissolved earlier this year and absorbed into the TAP Express branding, owned fully by TAP. TAP Express has no differences to mainline TAP as far crediting and spending miles.
RememberTheConcord likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 2:45 pm

Quick clarification question, because it looks like you have data and I wasn't clear enough: did the segments count as TAP-operated segments? I'm trying to fill out my four TAP segments requirement to re-qualify. It seems like from what you're saying the answer is yes, they do count.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 12:18 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Yes, they do.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 4:01 am

Programs: Flying Blue Silver / TAP & Star Alliance Gold / Accor Hotels Gold / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Hello,

This post to give an information that may interest people here.

I've matched my Flying Blue Gold status on last July and I have now a TAP Gold status (and btw a Star Alliance Gold status).

I was not sure about the conditions to fill to renew this one in next July, so I wrote to TAP Gold support.

The answer on my question is the following:
--
(...)it is necessary the accumulation of the 50.000 status miles or 40 segments of flights operated by TAP Air Portugal.(...)
--
You can note that it is "or" and not "and"
And for the 50 000 miles, it is status miles from TAP (easier) or status miles generated by flights on others Star Alliance Airlines (depending on booking class, the TAP website gives all indication about the ones that allow miles accumulation or not)

Hope this can help!
Old Nov 1, 2022, 5:59 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Laudl13

I've matched my Flying Blue Gold status on last July and I have now a TAP Gold status (and btw a Star Alliance Gold status).
Just to be sure i understood , you made the status match and got approved in July 2022 , right ?

I was not sure about the conditions to fill to renew this one in next July, so I wrote to TAP Gold support.!
what were the terms and conditions specified when you got approved ? You received an email about it

Did you already passed the threshold of 25k miles and 4 TP flights before writin to TAP support ?

The answer on my question is the following: it is necessary the accumulation of the 50.000 status miles or 40 segments of flights operated by TAP Air Portugal.(...)
Did you specify it was renewal after status match ?
Old Nov 1, 2022, 9:46 am

Programs: Flying Blue Silver / TAP & Star Alliance Gold / Accor Hotels Gold / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
fifty_two

Originally Posted by fifty_two
Just to be sure i understood , you made the status match and got approved in July 2022 , right ?
Yes, exactly, in July 2022

what were the terms and conditions specified when you got approved ? You received an email about it
Please find them below:
--
Renewal Conditions
Your new status will be valid for at least 12 months from the date of your Promotion. At the end of the Annual Miles Earning Period, your status will be regulated in accordance with the general regulations applicable to the TAP Miles&Go Programme.
While enjoying the benefits of the Status Match Campaign, that is to say, from the time of Promotion to the first Renewal, you are expressly excluded from the general Promotion, Renewal and Downgrading rules in force under the TAP Miles&Go Programme, even when possible application of the general rules will be beneficial for you.
--

Did you already passed the threshold of 25k miles and 4 TP flights before writin to TAP support ?
No, I had 4 TAP flights and around 24 900 status miles (accumulated via TAP and LUF)

Did you specify it was renewal after status match ?
Yes, the beginning of my email was: "(...)I contact you today about my TAP Gold Status (I obtained last July with the Status Match campaign.)(...)"

What I found is that there is two different rules for the Status Match campaign, the "old" one (2020) and the current one (2022):

The one issued on 03 August 2020 with these renewal conditions:
"3.4.2. On the expiry date of the status acquired through this Campaign, the Client / New Client will have the opportunity to renew their status until the end of their current Annual Miles Earning Period, on the condition that during the previous 12 (twelve) months they have simultaneously earned at least: (i) 25,000 (twenty-five thousand) Status Miles and 4 (four) TAP Air Portugal flight segments, for Clients with TAP Miles&Go Gold status; or (ii) 10,000 (ten thousand) Status Miles and 2 (two) TAP Air Portugal flight segments, for Clients with TAP Miles&Go Silver status. This first renewal will be valid for 1 (one) to 12 (twelve) months, depending on the renewal date of the Client’s / New Client’s Annual Miles Earning Period."

The one issued on 4 January 22 with these renewal conditions:
"3.4.2. At the end of the Annual Miles Earning Period, the Client’s / New Client’s status will be regulated in accordance with the general regulations applicable to the TAP Miles&Go Programme."

So it appears the rule has changed since beginning of 2022 and now it is 50 000 miles status or 40 TAP flights.

You can easily find the two associated pdf's (I cannot upload them here ...)

The information I don't have is what's happen with the Status Miles/ TAP flights earned if the renewal is achieved before the renewal date (Tap told me that the renewal date never changes):
- These Status miles/ TAP flights will be credited for my "next" renewal
- in all cases, the reset of status miles/TP flights counter is done each July 31th (in my case) and the additional status miles/ TAP flights earned between the day I reached 50 000 miles status (for example in April) and June 31th will be lost

If you have additional/others information, I am interested!

Last edited by Laudl13; Nov 1, 2022 at 10:39 am Reason: Spelling correction and addition of one information

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.