TAP Air Portugal Offering Status Match

Old May 2, 22, 2:54 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Another data point:

30/MAR requested status match and purchased club basic. Emailed a couple times with screenshots 2/MAY received confirmation email saying it could take up to 15 days for status to update (too bad my flights are today!).

UPDATE: Status became active after 3 days which is quick, but sadly on the day I landed from my CHC-AKL-LAX-MUC flights so missed out on AKL and LAX lounges...

Last edited by RafKa; May 4, 22 at 10:23 am
Old May 3, 22, 3:42 am

Programs: BA
Theres nothing about requalification challenges or half limits on my emails
How are status miles calculated
is there a table somewhere?
Also is there an earning and a redemption table
If you don't retain gold do you lose the spending miles?
What's the method of keeping them?
Are they usable on Singapore Airlines?
How easy or difficult are seats to get in J long haul ?
Old May 3, 22, 4:19 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Judging from the other responses here, when you get the final email confirming gold status has been implemented for you, there should be a note in their about what your renewal target will be. Typically you will have 12 months with Gold and in that time you have to renew on a certain criteria in that 12 months, which confusingly prrobably won't align with your TAP membership year. But if you meet that target then you get renewed and for year 3 you will be on normal renewal targets. Status miles are shown when you make a dummy booking, though you also have to add the 50% Gold bonus if it's on TAP. But it's based on real mileage and a tool like gcmap.com will give the base miles. Redemptions follow a similar logic, based on a multiplier of miles, and you best do dummy redemptions to see what you need. LHR-LIS starts at 12k miles in economy for example, one way, LIS-JFK is 42k miles.

If you lose Gold then you may lose some or all of your miles, one advantage of Gold is that your miles don't expire, some of the Club M&G offers may do something similar.

You can earn and spend on all Star Alliance airlines, including SQ but not the easiest airline to get availability for redemptions. You also have to watch the Booking Class on your airline to see if it earns, not all of them do. Further searches in this forum will give more information.

Getting business class seats on TAP metal is probably as easy as any airline's frequent flyer system but if you want 4 seats on the first day of the school holidays then it will remain tricky. One aspect is tthat TAP will taper the redemption rates so that if you miss early availability at the lowest price point, there may still be options at higher price points.
Earthman likes this.
Old May 4, 22, 3:35 am

The App changed to gold for me today,so that's the full benefits 4 or 5 days after the acceptance email not 15

Last edited by Earthman; May 4, 22 at 3:47 am
Old May 4, 22, 8:18 am

How fast you receive a reply from [email protected]? I have never hear a single reply from them?!
Old May 4, 22, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Wallaceqi View Post
How fast you receive a reply from [email protected]? I have never hear a single reply from them?!
I never emailed them at all,I just waited
I got the email confirmation now saying gold is active
The email does not give me any reduced miles offer to renew for a 2nd year
its not mentioned at all
50,000 qualifying miles in the next 12 months seems very unlikely to me
Unless I start flying to London via Lis 🤣🤣
Old May 4, 22, 11:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Earthman View Post
I never emailed them at all,I just waited
I got the email confirmation now saying gold is active
The email does not give me any reduced miles offer to renew for a 2nd year
its not mentioned at all
50,000 qualifying miles in the next 12 months seems very unlikely to me
Unless I start flying to London via Lis 🤣🤣
What does it say when you log into TAP:
http://www.flytap.com/en-gb/client-area

and look at TAP Miles&Go / TAP Miles & Go card
(this is the web login, definitely not the App).
Earthman likes this.
Old May 4, 22, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
What does it say when you log into TAP:
http://www.flytap.com/en-gb/client-area

and look at TAP Miles&Go / TAP Miles & Go card
(this is the web login, definitely not the App).

Aha!
I feel like such a noob 😂
Saw a lovely DUB LIS GIG fare for €1700 in J
How many status miles would that earn ?
Old May 5, 22, 2:03 am

Aha!
I feel like such a noob 😂
Saw a lovely DUB LIS GIG fare for €1700 in J
How many status miles would that earn ?
OK TAP being TAP this needs further interpretation.
1) The deadline for you is probably longer tham March 2023, it will be the date on the front of the digital card (May 2023?). Having said that, if you do hit the target before March it then makes your second year clearer to obtain.
2) The "or" statement is actually "and". So you need 25k Plus 4 TAP flights. From DUB that's easy since even a DUB to OPO can easily be 4 segments return. Normally the segment test is very high so it's an "or" but for the status match it's different.
3) Don't even look at the App version - it's completely wrong.

For DUB-LIS-GIG - well I can't believe I'm doing this, since I'm sure you are also capable of looking at the screens, but
a) Do a single dummy booking DUB-LIS - this shows 1535 miles in Executive
b) Do a single dummy booking LIS-GIG - this shows 7203 miles in Executive
c) Add the two together = 8738 miles
d) Add in the Gold uplift if you are on TAP metal = 13,107
e) Double the above, assuming you will return to DUB on TAP = 26,214 miles
So you will see that trip alone gets you the 25k. In fact some economy trips - not in the lowest fare categories - DUB to SFO will get you to 25k for around 900€, Note that TAP has occasional flash sales with double status points, so even economy to BOS - a very short flight - can give heaps of miles, though the (d) bit is not doubled.

If you joined one of the Club M&G options your Bonus miles - used for redemptions - will be slightly more that 26k, and you'll get a small number of Status miles from them too.
Old May 5, 22, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
OK TAP being TAP this needs further interpretation.
1) The deadline for you is probably longer tham March 2023, it will be the date on the front of the digital card (May 2023?). Having said that, if you do hit the target before March it then makes your second year clearer to obtain.
2) The "or" statement is actually "and". So you need 25k Plus 4 TAP flights. From DUB that's easy since even a DUB to OPO can easily be 4 segments return. Normally the segment test is very high so it's an "or" but for the status match it's different.
3) Don't even look at the App version - it's completely wrong.

For DUB-LIS-GIG - well I can't believe I'm doing this, since I'm sure you are also capable of looking at the screens, but
a) Do a single dummy booking DUB-LIS - this shows 1535 miles in Executive
b) Do a single dummy booking LIS-GIG - this shows 7203 miles in Executive
c) Add the two together = 8738 miles
d) Add in the Gold uplift if you are on TAP metal = 13,107
e) Double the above, assuming you will return to DUB on TAP = 26,214 miles
So you will see that trip alone gets you the 25k. In fact some economy trips - not in the lowest fare categories - DUB to SFO will get you to 25k for around 900€, Note that TAP has occasional flash sales with double status points, so even economy to BOS - a very short flight - can give heaps of miles, though the (d) bit is not doubled.

If you joined one of the Club M&G options your Bonus miles - used for redemptions - will be slightly more that 26k, and you'll get a small number of Status miles from them too.
sorry that I had to put you through that corpo 🤣🤣
But yes that's brilliant
So 2 similar trips in year 3 onwards
Thats very doable 👍
Old May 27, 22, 6:13 am

Aegean is not accepting my Tap account
why is this ?
Its saying the number doesn't match details on the reservation
it does
In every detail
Any way of solving this?
Old Jun 1, 22, 9:55 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Accor Platinum / Hilton Diamond / TAP Miles&Go Gold / IHG One Platinum
Aegean is not accepting my Tap account
why is this ?
Its saying the number doesn't match details on the reservation
it does
In every detail
Any way of solving this?
What is the link between this and status match ?

if A3 doesnt recognize your status you can ask help in the A3 M+B subforum = https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aege...les-bonus-694/
Old Jun 4, 22, 5:37 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum / Accor Platinum / Hilton Diamond / TAP Miles&Go Gold / IHG One Platinum
Just for feedback , i helped a friend aplying to status match recently (mid-may 2022) and supervised everything to ensure no mistakes or provide help in case of issues with TAP

While it took 34 days in my case .... my friend got everything done in 17 days (from application until status changed in the app)
Old Jul 14, 22, 5:36 am

Programs: AA PLT
Any advice on what works for the "photograph of your membership card for the other programme" for the current TAP status match promotion? When signing up (as required) for Miles&Go, the prompt says "If you are client of one of the eligible miles programs, please enter your proof and apply for a status equivalence for the TAP Miles&Go Silver or Gold. You can upload files in the following formats: PDF, PNG or JPG (up to 2MB)." Does a screenshot work? I haven't had a physical status card for American AAdvantage for years. Does a screenshot suffice?
Old Jul 16, 22, 3:10 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by veblen View Post
" Does a screenshot work? I haven't had a physical status card for American AAdvantage for years. Does a screenshot suffice?
a screenshot is enough , even cropped , just be sure that all needed details are visible on the front side of the card

Originally Posted by veblen View Post
When signing up (as required) for Miles&Go
i recommend to do it another way = read my advices here , cause ticking the checkbox when suscribing might not always trigger the process

Search this Thread