Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAP Air Portugal Offering Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2022, 11:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
I've also not heard a thing other than an initial acknowledgement email of the status match request
Thats after a fortnight
Old Apr 4, 2022, 3:45 am

Lets have another question. Somebody who has requested status match in March. Has anybody got any approvals? Customer service is talking around 30 day delay.. but that ship has already sailed for me and many others.. So I'm just wondering that has anybody had any success with this process?
Old Apr 4, 2022, 4:28 am

Programs: BA Gold

I just got the above email,something about an Easter bunny offer
I'm totally confused

Is this the status match and I have to 'buy' it for €399 ? For just priority boarding? 700 and not even a lounge ?
I thought I'd already joined btw

Is this status match offer turning into an other airlines customer fishing expedition without a match ?
I'm keen to try tap as they have Dub Lis flights and am keen to try their transatlantics's but not if this is whats going on
Old Apr 4, 2022, 5:14 am

I think that is just marketin email. Nothing to do with Status Match.

That is actually only thing what is working like clockwork in TAP. You will get spam regulary
Old Apr 4, 2022, 2:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Juuzou
Lets have another question. Somebody who has requested status match in March. Has anybody got any approvals? Customer service is talking around 30 day delay.. but that ship has already sailed for me and many others.. So I'm just wondering that has anybody had any success with this process?
I applied in February and still nothing, I am going to call them. This is insane.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 2:34 pm

No, this is normal. Tap took more than two years to reply to me and not refund a canceled flight. Sometimes they do not reply at all.

Have fun calling incompetent call centers and waiting 60+ minutes in line for no help.

They could not even fix issues with my frequent flyer account
Old Apr 4, 2022, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by bakrgby
I applied in February and still nothing, I am going to call them. This is insane.
did you follow the steps i posted in this thread (scroll up)?
Old Apr 5, 2022, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by babyg_wc
did you follow the steps i posted in this thread (scroll up)?
I did it now. I applied again for status match. Bought the needed 4000 miles and send the email with receipts of the purcahse.

Now we play the waiting game I'll info here how this goes.
Earthman and babyg_wc like this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 9:56 pm
Suspended

I did it now. I applied again for status match. Bought the needed 4000 miles and send the email with receipts of the purcahse.

I followed those steps and still nothing, I applied, purchased the 4000 miles, sent recipts and sent a message to customer service, Its almost as if they dont even have one full time employee to handle these requests.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:41 am

I followed those steps and still nothing, I applied, purchased the 4000 miles, sent recipts and sent a message to customer service, Its almost as if they dont even have one full time employee to handle these requests.
so you had no reply from step 1
"I used the TAP Portugal contacts page to enquire about my previous 2 attempts at status matchhttps://www.flytap.com/en-pt/support/talk-to-us"
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by babyg_wc
so you had no reply from step 1
"I used the TAP Portugal contacts page to enquire about my previous 2 attempts at status matchhttps://www.flytap.com/en-pt/support/talk-to-us"
Which type did you select?
Old Apr 6, 2022, 5:06 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Same here. I signed up to Club Miles&Go, sent them the receipt and even a booking confirmation of an upcoming flight on TAP to their status match inbox a week ago. Have yet to hear back...
Old Apr 11, 2022, 8:12 am

Now I got the approvals.Got the info that I am eligible for status match and after that another mile that application has been approved because of the purchase I have made.

Promotion might take up to 15 days before it will show due the technical reasons.......
Old Apr 11, 2022, 8:48 am
Suspended

Now I got the approvals.Got the info that I am eligible for status match and after that another mile that application has been approved because of the purchase I have made.

Promotion might take up to 15 days before it will show due the technical reasons.......
when did you apply? Did you use the special technique?
Old Apr 11, 2022, 8:54 am

when did you apply? Did you use the special technique?
I originally applied 6th March...
Then after that I have send emails to various addresses and also make request through their website.

Then I tried that "special" way. I made new application 5th April and purchased needed 4000 points right away. After applying I send them email with receipt of the purchase.
Then I actually send this morning one reminder again.. And now 1 hour ago I got approval.. Then it is another question how long does it now take to get that info into their systems.. At least yet when I look my mobile app, there are no gold card yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.