Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAP Air Portugal Offering Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2020, 3:49 am

Programs: OWE, *Gold, STE+, Globalist, Titanium, Spire, Diamond
https://www.flytap.com/en-us/miles-a...a-d6bfdaf48467

Status match challenge renewed for April with status valid until April 2021.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 1:36 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by moejoe2342
A friendly Email has arrived last night:

"Dear Mr. XXX,

We inform that your application for the Status Match Challenge has been accepted and you will receive an e-mail along with your digital Client Card by April, 20th.

Best regards,

TAP Miles&Go Program"
Did you buy some of their miles or join the Club? Curious? Thanks!
Old Apr 4, 2020, 1:16 pm

Yes, bought the smallest amount of miles.
NoY likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by NoY
Did you buy some of their miles or join the Club? Curious? Thanks!
i got the same email. I bought the US$87 worth of miles on 24th Mar. got the email on 31st.
NoY likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 4:38 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Thanks both
Old Apr 9, 2020, 3:16 am
NoY

Done!

"We inform that your application for the Status Match Challenge has been accepted and you will receive an e-mail along with your digital Client Card by May, 16th."

Best regards,

TAP Miles&Go Program
Old Apr 11, 2020, 2:50 pm
formerly mrshyt

Programs: IB+ Gold, HH Gold
Hi all, if you buy miles in order to qualify for the status match, can you use these miles to discount the cash price of any TAP ticket? If not then what easy way is there to get some use for these miles? Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 11, 2020, 9:09 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by mrshyt
Hi all, if you buy miles in order to qualify for the status match, can you use these miles to discount the cash price of any TAP ticket? If not then what easy way is there to get some use for these miles? Thanks in advance.
Loads of info on www.flytap.com
Old Apr 12, 2020, 5:17 am
formerly mrshyt

Programs: IB+ Gold, HH Gold
Yes I've spent a couple of hours on their website as well as simulating booking for cash, Miles Only and Miles&Cash and I can't find the answer. Miles Only and Miles&Cash bookings seem to have a fixed number of miles needed, no sliding scale between miles and cash as other airlines do.

Can anyone else help please? If I buy the minimum 2,000 miles will I actually be able to use them for any TAP booking or will I just resign to spending the €70 knowing I will not be able to use them? Thanks
Old Apr 17, 2020, 6:49 am

Programs: AF KLM Gold, TAP Gold, CA Silver, HH Diamond, Delta, SQ, CX, UA
Hi NoY,
I am wondering whether you have sent an email to Air Portugal and then you received the email which inform you of your successful status match? I submitted the application about at the end of March and bought the miles, however, I have not received any email to tell me I am eligible or not. A little worried about not being accepted.
Thanks a lot.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
Started the process today. Joined the programme, showed my AF/KLM Gold (SkyTeam Elite Plus) and Club TAP Miles&Go. Fingers crossed they accept it and do the status match.
Old Apr 17, 2020, 7:58 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by dk_hym
Hi NoY,
I am wondering whether you have sent an email to Air Portugal and then you received the email which inform you of your successful status match? I submitted the application about at the end of March and bought the miles, however, I have not received any email to tell me I am eligible or not. A little worried about not being accepted.
Thanks a lot.
HI. I just joined their FFP, purchased points & then a few days later got the e-mail. I used my BA OW Emerald to request the match. I did not e-mail them after my application etc was submitted online. Good luck!
Old Apr 20, 2020, 9:49 am

Has anyone received the digital Client Card yet?
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
I came here looking for the same thing, leodrio. I was accepted for a match on 11 MAR, and said that they would send digital card by 20 APR. I did not receive mine. I'm not complaining, there are more important events right now, but I wonder how they will handle this. I'll wait and see, I'm certainly not going to contact them now.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 9:52 pm

Programs: AF KLM Gold, TAP Gold, CA Silver, HH Diamond, Delta, SQ, CX, UA
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
I came here looking for the same thing, leodrio. I was accepted for a match on 11 MAR, and said that they would send digital card by 20 APR. I did not receive mine. I'm not complaining, there are more important events right now, but I wonder how they will handle this. I'll wait and see, I'm certainly not going to contact them now.
Hi. I wrote to TAP just beacuse they didn't give me any feedback whether my application was accepted or not. And they replied me in just 15mins and said my application had been accepted and my account would update by 21st, Apr. I think it's Lisbon time, so, the card is on the way!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.