TAP Air Portugal Offering Status Match

Old Sep 21, 2021, 2:37 am
pjl

Status match still active?

Is TAP still doing this status match? The original link doesn't seem to work for me to apply. Please attach a valid link if this status match is still available. Thanks!
Old Sep 24, 2021, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by TempeDuck
I emailed the customer@ team on 9/8 asking for an update. I just got a response today saying I need to email statusmatch@. Based on the feedback above, I sent the statusmatch@ an email on 9/9. Hoping they reply on similar timeframes.,
Did you get any answer? I'm waiting also over 10 days and nothing happend (no answer)
Old Sep 24, 2021, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by tryafly
Did you get any answer? I'm waiting also over 10 days and nothing happend (no answer)
It’s been one week for me with no response either.
Old Oct 3, 2021, 11:23 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Plat, UA status-less after 15 years
I sent mine in months ago. I've heard nothing. Platinum on American, and AA no longer has any kind of card, so all I could do was get a screenshot of my status.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 12:55 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
I wanted to apply for the status match out of BAEC Gold or Flying Blue Platinum but looks like the page got pulled. Do you guys know if it is still valid ?
Old Oct 7, 2021, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum
After months of waiting, TAP finally contacted me and confirmed the status match from AA Plat Pro to TAP Gold. I needed to purchase 4,000 miles and as of today, my status has been formally matched until 10/2022. Frustrated that it took so long but happy for the UA Club access that comes with it.
tryafly likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 9:28 am

Programs: Qatar Plat OW*E, HH Diamond, Hyatt Exp, Marriott Titanium
I did the TAP status match last August. Enjoyed a few flights with them. But I'm a pure Oneworld guy so was always hard to keep it.

Yesterday I logged onto a Swiss Airlines flight to do my seat management and it was fine as a Gold. Today I tried the same on Lufthansa and they denied saying my number was now nothing.

I logged onto TAP and I'm suddenly just a basic member again. Not even a fall to Silver?

Oh well. Their loss.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 10:27 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
Originally Posted by GratefulSmile
I did the TAP status match last August. Enjoyed a few flights with them. But I'm a pure Oneworld guy so was always hard to keep it.

Yesterday I logged onto a Swiss Airlines flight to do my seat management and it was fine as a Gold. Today I tried the same on Lufthansa and they denied saying my number was now nothing.

I logged onto TAP and I'm suddenly just a basic member again. Not even a fall to Silver?

Oh well. Their loss.
They did a drop to silver for most of the status match folks who joined just before the virus shut everything down. You would have thought TAP would want to keep everyone onboard until things started to get going again. Instead they have just alienated loads of people. Yes, they do have some nice transatlantic fares, but with a dodge to Lisbon.. Dublin or Amsterdam will throw up better for just a few $ more on OneWorld/SkyTeam..
GratefulSmile and estrela like this.
Old Oct 9, 2021, 12:30 pm

Is TP still offering Status matches? What is the email address to send a request for a status match?
Old Oct 15, 2021, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Go to beginning of the page? Info is there..
Old Oct 27, 2021, 4:49 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Plat, UA status-less after 15 years
Originally Posted by ghsbass0406
After months of waiting, TAP finally contacted me and confirmed the status match from AA Plat Pro to TAP Gold. I needed to purchase 4,000 miles and as of today, my status has been formally matched until 10/2022. Frustrated that it took so long but happy for the UA Club access that comes with it.
That's cool. I've been waiting to hear anything from them for months..... I've been flying them anyway, but posting my mileage to UA Mileageplus until I get my status match
Old Nov 2, 2021, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by palmanfr
I wanted to apply for the status match out of BAEC Gold or Flying Blue Platinum but looks like the page got pulled. Do you guys know if it is still valid ?
Looks like it's back on the original link (I couldn't get it to work last week):

https://www.flytap.com/en-pt/miles-a...match-campaign
palmanfr likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2021, 7:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by swiss_global
I’m sympathetic with those of you struggling and hoping for extensions. I’m fortunate enough to have achieved both the 25000 miles and the 4 segments on TP metal. My status match was granted on 25 October 2020 and my regular “review date” is 31 July 2021. So I have met the conditions for the definitve status match before the review date.

Now, my question: What happens (a) on 31 July and (b) what will happen to miles I earn between 1 August and 25 October 2021? I would assume that (a) the status counter will reset to zero and (b) miles are counting towards my 2022 requalification. Is my assumption correct?
Apparently, nobody knew what will happen ... in the meantime, I have some experience, although this is not easy to interpret:

- On 31 July 2021, the status miles counter was not set to zero, but remained at the previous level. However, the "next review date" moved to 31 July 2022.The virtual memership card also stated 07/2022.
- Miles earned between 1 August and 25 October were added to previous status miles balance.
- On 25 October 2021, the counter was sort of reset, deleting the status miles earned before 31 July, but keeping the ones earned between 1 August and 25 October. The "next review date" stayed at 31 July 2022, but online membership card moved to 07/2023.

I'm still confused, but at a higher level. I'm not sure, if I have to requalify unitl 31. July 2022 (possibly not, because the membership card shows one additional year until 07/2023). I'm also not sure, what happens with any status miles earned until then (probababy the counter will be set back to zero).
Old Dec 21, 2021, 10:16 am

Programs: Alaska, Marriot, Hilton, Avis
Originally Posted by swiss_global
Apparently, nobody knew what will happen ... in the meantime, I have some experience, although this is not easy to interpret:

- On 31 July 2021, the status miles counter was not set to zero, but remained at the previous level. However, the "next review date" moved to 31 July 2022.The virtual memership card also stated 07/2022.
- Miles earned between 1 August and 25 October were added to previous status miles balance.
- On 25 October 2021, the counter was sort of reset, deleting the status miles earned before 31 July, but keeping the ones earned between 1 August and 25 October. The "next review date" stayed at 31 July 2022, but online membership card moved to 07/2023.

I'm still confused, but at a higher level. I'm not sure, if I have to requalify unitl 31. July 2022 (possibly not, because the membership card shows one additional year until 07/2023). I'm also not sure, what happens with any status miles earned until then (probababy the counter will be set back to zero).
Thanks for this data point. If this is true you essentially got gold extension for 21 months which is pretty awesome.

I wish I knew how this worked, I would have timed this better. I got the email confirming my match on December, but my review date is on March so if I go for the extension I'd only have either 3 extra months of gold (according to the rules) or 15 (if it actually works as you have shared with us)

Originally Posted by 108912
Just had my status match extended another year. Does anyone know if TAP has any 'household' accounts or a way for a couple to pool points like many other programs?
Can you share details on the dates regarding the extension? Did you get extended a year from the status match date, or until your next account review date?

Last edited by javierieh; Dec 21, 2021 at 10:48 am
Old Dec 27, 2021, 3:49 am

I finally had an email about my Gold status match being approved, more than 2 months after applying. I have subscribed and paid for the miles plan, but my status still shows as the basic one, needing 30000 miles to the next level. Any idea how long it takes to filter through and actually update the status online at the moment? Since I only got confirmation in mid-December and still don't have the updated status, which expires at the end of November 2022, I've already "lost" a month of benefits ..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.