Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAP Air Portugal Offering Status Match

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2021, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
Originally Posted by united 1k flyer
Dang, it probably isn’t worth it then, I really just wanted to give gold to my daughter
IMO, it isn’t. They used to, then stopped the ‘status marchers’ doing this. If you go up thread you’ll see a few interesting posts.
Old May 12, 2021, 2:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by midvid
IMO, it isn’t. They used to, then stopped the ‘status marchers’ doing this. If you go up thread you’ll see a few interesting posts.
Ya, I remember reading that there was a IT glitch that let matchers gift gold
Old Jun 10, 2021, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Not too sure of Star Alliance benefits, but if my sole purpose of this match was lounge access and I would only fly Star Alliance in international J, it doesn't seem worth the $122 as I would get lounge access anyway ( and it seems like having the Amex Platinum might help on some partners for a better lounge).

While I might find myself flying a short hop on United, it seems pricey for accessing a domestic club once or twice.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 7:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by beachfan
While I might find myself flying a short hop on United, it seems pricey for accessing a domestic club once or twice.
You do realize that many, many people fly domestic on United more than "once or twice" right?

Regards
Old Jun 11, 2021, 9:29 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
Originally Posted by beachfan
Not too sure of Star Alliance benefits, but if my sole purpose of this match was lounge access and I would only fly Star Alliance in international J, it doesn't seem worth the $122 as I would get lounge access anyway ( and it seems like having the Amex Platinum might help on some partners for a better lounge).

I'm in the same boat.. would be in J anyway, so the lounge and other goodies are (mostly) in. Then there's Amex plat.

Did the match right at the start of the Rona thing.. managed to fly a bit with TAP but not enough to keep it up so TAP chucked me and a load of others down to Silver. Not got the warm fuzzies for TAP. All of the flights I did with them were in J, so no real benefit came from the card anyway. I matched from BA Gold, which I'll keep up, but anything else goes on price/schedule. Yes, I knew what the rules, but you'd have thought once they reeled in some high spending fliers who then couldn't fly because most of the network shut down, you might try to keep them onboard.. hey ho.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
I’m sympathetic with those of you struggling and hoping for extensions. I’m fortunate enough to have achieved both the 25000 miles and the 4 segments on TP metal. My status match was granted on 25 October 2020 and my regular “review date” is 31 July 2021. So I have met the conditions for the definitve status match before the review date.

Now, my question: What happens (a) on 31 July and (b) what will happen to miles I earn between 1 August and 25 October 2021? I would assume that (a) the status counter will reset to zero and (b) miles are counting towards my 2022 requalification. Is my assumption correct?
Old Jun 19, 2021, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by scubadu
You do realize that many, many people fly domestic on United more than "once or twice" right?

Regards
I guess the poster meant the $59 day-pass fee rather than the annual membership fee which is IMO expensive and not worth it.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 7:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Hopefully they run another status match for those that already done it. I don't mind paying 99€ again for a year of *A Gold.[/QUOTE]

Did anyone successfully try this? Don't status matches usually have a cool-down period? A campaign seems to be going on, but this time BA (my elite status) is not anymore listed an accepted match source.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 8:55 am

I’m planning to visit Portugal and applied almost a month ago for status match (to delta gold). I’ve tried calling several times and after 30-45 minutes on hold get disconnected. They don’t reply to Facebook or Twitter messages or emails. Is there any other way to contact this airline? Honestly at this point not sure if I even want to use them if getting in touch is this difficult.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 6:49 pm

Programs: Quite a few...
Originally Posted by Alec84
(...) this time BA (my elite status) is not anymore listed an accepted match source.
BA is still in the pull-down menu. It's just that it is under "E" for Executive Club and not under "B" for British Airways.

Originally Posted by Scott Cronin
I’m planning to visit Portugal and applied almost a month ago for status match (to delta gold).
By applied you mean you filled out an online form and upload a photo of your physical mebership card?

Last edited by Flying Victor; Jul 14, 2021 at 6:59 pm
Old Jul 14, 2021, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Victor
BA is still in the pull-down menu. It's just that it is under "E" for Executive Club and not under "B" for British Airways.

By applied you mean you filled out an online form and upload a photo of your physical mebership card?
yes that’s what I mean.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Scott Cronin
I’m planning to visit Portugal and applied almost a month ago for status match (to delta gold). I’ve tried calling several times and after 30-45 minutes on hold get disconnected. They don’t reply to Facebook or Twitter messages or emails. Is there any other way to contact this airline? Honestly at this point not sure if I even want to use them if getting in touch is this difficult.
Same here, I applied on August 16th via the website. I haven't heard anything back yet. Tried to get an update via Facebook and Twitter now nothing. I'm hoping I hear something before the month mark
Old Sep 8, 2021, 3:24 pm

Programs: DL 3MM/FC/DM LT; LH FT LT; HH DIA
Originally Posted by TempeDuck
Same here, I applied on August 16th via the website. I haven't heard anything back yet. Tried to get an update via Facebook and Twitter now nothing. I'm hoping I hear something before the month mark

use: Status Match <[email protected]>
Old Sep 12, 2021, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by vielflieger
use: Status Match <[email protected]>
I did send them an email in July, but got a response that they would need me to fill out the form. Filled out the web form and never heard back. Emailed them again, never heard back.

Maybe the statusmatch team is on holiday?
Old Sep 16, 2021, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by Freddorick
I did send them an email in July, but got a response that they would need me to fill out the form. Filled out the web form and never heard back. Emailed them again, never heard back.

Maybe the statusmatch team is on holiday?
I emailed the customer@ team on 9/8 asking for an update. I just got a response today saying I need to email statusmatch@. Based on the feedback above, I sent the statusmatch@ an email on 9/9. Hoping they reply on similar timeframes.,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.