Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAP Air Portugal Offering Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2020, 7:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by chrisny2
I'm so disappointed that I matched right before all of the COVID restrictions. I went to Portugal last fall for the first time and fell in love with it and had hoped to go several times this year - the IAD-LIS flight is so convenient for me. It would be so nice if they extended the matches an extra year.
If you did your Status Match as early as March/April (and not in the 2nd natch promotion which started around July) I don't think there was any requirement to fly any TAP sectors to requalify/extend, just the 25K miles so depending on your circumstances you might still be able to collect enough miles to maintain status beyond that date - UA Business fares give you 200% of flown miles on TAP so that's one option.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 3:20 pm

Programs: EY Gold, BA Gold, EK Gold, CX Gold
I'm going through the process now:
  1. Applied with my BA Gold card on the 22nd November
  2. I send an email on the 3rd December asking for an update. No response
  3. Got an email on the 24th December saying that my 'Status Match Campaign Application has been Validated'.
  4. I bought the Club Basic about 5 mins later
  5. Got an email within 10 mins that my 'Status Match Campaign has been approved,' and I'd get promoted to Gold within 15 days
Fingers crossed it'll come through by the 7th January as I have an Egypt Air flight and need to take some extra luggage (dive equipment)
Old Jan 7, 2021, 1:45 am

Programs: EY Gold, BA Gold, EK Gold, CX Gold
Quick update on the above. My status changed to Gold this morning (7th January). Great timing as I have a flight later today and can use the status.
Old Feb 2, 2021, 2:07 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver
I obtained the status match in July (I am a BA Silver) and due to COVID I have been unable to use it. I see the various airline programmes are extending status for a further year. Is this likely in this case?
Old Feb 2, 2021, 11:16 am

As Portugal bans traveling this would be the right thing to do.
Commercially also a smart move to keep elites for another year with LCCs and new longhaul options in LIS
Old Feb 7, 2021, 7:07 am

Yesterday I received the following email from Miles&Go:

If you have obtained your status through flown Status Miles or flown segments, do not worry, because we will extend your current Gold or Silver status for at least 12 months.

Nice move, but seems to exclude those who received status through the status match campaign..
Old Feb 7, 2021, 7:29 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
Originally Posted by KL714
Yesterday I received the following email from Miles&Go:

If you have obtained your status through flown Status Miles or flown segments, do not worry, because we will extend your current Gold or Silver status for at least 12 months.

Nice move, but seems to exclude those who received status through the status match campaign..
My guess is they’ll do just that, so the status match folks will be under the bus. Hope I’m wrong and they’re just treading carefully on commercial sensitivity.

I matched in April, and though I flew a bit in the summer, nowhere near enough to requalify. It’d be a nice gesture if they extend, but if they don’t, there’ll be other matches/challenges to play with when the industry gets going again.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 9:40 am

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
Originally Posted by midvid
My guess is they’ll do just that, so the status match folks will be under the bus. Hope I’m wrong and they’re just treading carefully on commercial sensitivity.

I matched in April, and though I flew a bit in the summer, nowhere near enough to requalify. It’d be a nice gesture if they extend, but if they don’t, there’ll be other matches/challenges to play with when the industry gets going again.
I'm in the same boat. I did the match in April too and did a couple of flights with TAP during the summer, but not enough. Not expecting them to extend my status, but would be a nice gesture.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 10:14 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Did my status match in December and just got it last week. It would be great if I got another year out of it.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 3:38 am

Just had my status match extended another year.

Does anyone know if TAP has any 'household' accounts or a way for a couple to pool points like many other programs?
Old Feb 14, 2021, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by 108912
Just had my status match extended another year.

Does anyone know if TAP has any 'household' accounts or a way for a couple to pool points like many other programs?
Did you ask, or was it automatic?
Old Feb 14, 2021, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by midvid
Did you ask, or was it automatic?
Was automatic, I just received an email advising of it.

I have completed some TP flights in J however since matching so not sure if that has any impact.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by 108912
Was automatic, I just received an email advising of it.

I have completed some TP flights in J however since matching so not sure if that has any impact.
Great.. when was your original expiry date? Mine's end of April. Managed to get a trip in in J in August on TAP, but been grounded since, along with almost everyone else. On the family accounts/pooling miles question, I don't think there's a 'family' option, but you can transfer miles to other accounts to pool them:

https://www.flytap.com/en-gb/client-area/transfer-miles

The other useful one is to nominate another member for Gold status along with yours:

https://www.flytap.com/en-gb/client-...te-gold-client

I heard they removed that from the status match later last year, but it's there in mine (from April).
Old Mar 24, 2021, 10:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
I did a status match a year ago with expiration in the end of April. My status has not been extended. Have not been on a plane for 14 months now. Anyone else in the same situation and got their status extended? Any use in contacting the airline and kindly asking for an extension. Feels a little cheated since I payed 80e for this.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 2:03 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver
Originally Posted by Alec84
I did a status match a year ago with expiration in the end of April. My status has not been extended. Have not been on a plane for 14 months now. Anyone else in the same situation and got their status extended? Any use in contacting the airline and kindly asking for an extension. Feels a little cheated since I payed 80e for this.
I obtained status match in July, but have not been able to fly. I sent an email to the gold team asking if they would consider extending the status match given the current conditions. They sent a polite reply stating they had no plans to do so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.