Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAP Air Portugal Offering Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2020, 4:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
Originally Posted by Caranmellon
On the 19th of August my account was updated to Gold and this morning I found a TAP Miles&GO Gold luggage tag in my letterbox. Unexpected but most welcome (though I would rather have a physical card). Now I just need to manage to actually get some flights before the status expires!
I never got luggage tags or a physical card... Got told I need to re-qualify next year for them! Jealous
Old Nov 3, 2020, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
Cool. Finally today I got "The TAP Miles & Go Program is pleased to inform you that your Status Match Campaign Application has been Validated." so I went on and purchased 4k miles.
What do you do after purchasing 4000 Miles? Their email is so vague..

Can I ask how long is your status valid until and what is requalification requirements? I cannot travel internationally where I'm at and if the status is only till April instead on a year from now, then this status match is quite useless.

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Nov 3, 2020 at 1:41 am
Old Nov 3, 2020, 4:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
What do you do after purchasing 4000 Miles? Their email is so vague..

Can I ask how long is your status valid until and what is requalification requirements? I cannot travel internationally where I'm at and if the status is only till April instead on a year from now, then this status match is quite useless.
I don’t think you need to do anything? Eventually TAP will get around to working out that you purchased some Miles (or a ‘Club’ subscription that come with Miles and some other benefits) and your Miles & Go account will be promoted to Gold. At that point, and from that date, you will have Gold status for a period of 12 months. To extend Gold beyond that you need to accrue 25000 Status Miles and 4 flight sectors on TAP marketed and operated flights within that 12 months. If you achieve this (and here it gets complicated) Gold status will be extended to the next anniversary of you signing up to the Miles & Go FFP, not the anniversary of you being promoted to Gold via the status match/challenge.

Example:-
  • You sign up to Miles & Go on 1st November 2020 including a copy of your e.g. BAEC Gold Card requesting a status match
  • Some time later you get an email approving the match, conditional on you purchasing Miles or a Club package
  • You log in to your account, buy some Miles and wait for TAP’s bureaucracy to do its thing.
  • You check your account, and ultimately get another email, which confirms that your status has been uplifted to Gold with effect from 1st December 2020.
  • You have Gold status until 30th November 2021 during which time you attempt to meet the modified special requirements for retention , namely 4 TP flights and 25000 miles.
  • You meet the retention requirements, and your Gold Status is then valid until 31st October 2022, being the 2nd anniversary of signing up to Miles & Go
  • To extend status beyond October 2022 you will have to meet the standard (harder) Miles target between 1st November 2021 and 31st October 2022
I may have got some of​ the detail wrong but this is how I think it should work from reading the website Ts and Cs
AJA_ likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is it just me or do people find it difficult to sign In? Website keeps saying 'temporarily unavailable'.

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Nov 11, 2020 at 5:17 am
Old Nov 11, 2020, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GratefulSmile
Well I got the approval email finally yesterday after like over a month.
Did you get your Gold Status?

Today I bought the Basic Club for 99euros as the other option for 4000 miles was more expensive.

But okay, see how long it takes them to approve and put the status match now that I've completed all conditions.
I just bought the Basic Club package too.. But only 2000 Miles credited. Do I need to top it up but that would've added another €70 so if I went ahead with the Miles purchase it would've been cheaper at €140.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by southlondonphil
I don’t think you need to do anything? Eventually TAP will get around to working out that you purchased some Miles (or a ‘Club’ subscription that come with Miles and some other benefits) and your Miles & Go account will be promoted to Gold. At that point, and from that date, you will have Gold status for a period of 12 months. To extend Gold beyond that you need to accrue 25000 Status Miles and 4 flight sectors on TAP marketed and operated flights within that 12 months. If you achieve this (and here it gets complicated) Gold status will be extended to the next anniversary of you signing up to the Miles & Go FFP, not the anniversary of you being promoted to Gold via the status match/challenge.

Example:-
  • You sign up to Miles & Go on 1st November 2020 including a copy of your e.g. BAEC Gold Card requesting a status match
  • Some time later you get an email approving the match, conditional on you purchasing Miles or a Club package
  • You log in to your account, buy some Miles and wait for TAP’s bureaucracy to do its thing.
  • You check your account, and ultimately get another email, which confirms that your status has been uplifted to Gold with effect from 1st December 2020.
  • You have Gold status until 30th November 2021 during which time you attempt to meet the modified special requirements for retention , namely 4 TP flights and 25000 miles.
  • You meet the retention requirements, and your Gold Status is then valid until 31st October 2022, being the 2nd anniversary of signing up to Miles & Go
  • To extend status beyond October 2022 you will have to meet the standard (harder) Miles target between 1st November 2021 and 31st October 2022
I may have got some of​ the detail wrong but this is how I think it should work from reading the website Ts and Cs
Thsnk you for your detailed explanation!

Problem is I wonder if I'll ever get to use it. I can't travel out of the country where I'm at at the moment (Malaysia) and the only Star Alliance carriers flying are TG or SQ via BKK or Singapore with very restrictive quarantine restrictions if I'm to go to Europe. I hope I can get to use the status some time next year.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 8:51 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I just bought the Basic Club package too.. But only 2000 Miles credited. Do I need to top it up but that would've added another €70 so if I went ahead with the Miles purchase it would've been cheaper at €140.
No need to buy any more miles. TAP will update your status to Gold in about a week from the date you bought the basic package. Then you will get 1000 miles each month on the same day that you joined the Basic Club package.
Old Nov 16, 2020, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you for your reassuring me..
Old Nov 19, 2020, 1:04 pm

Does anyone know if the TAP status match is still running? Has anyone applied recently?
I don't seem to see it on their website any more.

Many thanks
Old Nov 19, 2020, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by loyaltypointschaser
Does anyone know if the TAP status match is still running? Has anyone applied recently?
I don't seem to see it on their website any more.

Many thanks
It's still there - you have to go through the Miles & Go link in the Menu Bar and select 'Promotions and Offers'
Old Nov 20, 2020, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by southlondonphil
It's still there - you have to go through the Miles & Go link in the Menu Bar and select 'Promotions and Offers'
Great! Thank you.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 10:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Applied today - should be useful for my LH flights to Germany and my BA status last until July 22 anyway. And I hope I'll can visit the T2 UA lounge again in 2021
Old Nov 22, 2020, 2:07 pm

Programs: BA
I have seen on HFP that if you get gold status, you can gift gold to another person for free due to an IT Glitch - If anyone would like to gift me gold that'd be nice. Happy to provide compensation of course as a token gesture of thanks. Please let me know.

Annoyingly i lost my BA silver last year and for bronze match to *A silver i don't think is worth it

Many thanks
A
Old Nov 23, 2020, 5:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
I'm so disappointed that I matched right before all of the COVID restrictions. I went to Portugal last fall for the first time and fell in love with it and had hoped to go several times this year - the IAD-LIS flight is so convenient for me. It would be so nice if they extended the matches an extra year.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 6:36 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold
Originally Posted by chrisny2
I'm so disappointed that I matched right before all of the COVID restrictions. I went to Portugal last fall for the first time and fell in love with it and had hoped to go several times this year - the IAD-LIS flight is so convenient for me. It would be so nice if they extended the matches an extra year.
I'm hoping the same too. Did mine in April, followed by a couple of trips with TAP into Europe from the UK, then it all went mad.

So.. it's either an extension, or more likely a quick l/h trip on a Star Alliance carrier to Rio or Cape Town. Watching the sales now with interest.
chrisny2 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.