Wiki Posts
Search

Cold call to upgrade? Seriously?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2020, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Cold call to upgrade? Seriously?

I was flying TAP Lisbon to London the other day and 2 days before the flight i received a call from a strange number. I did pick it up as i was not familiar with the number ( i think the international call code was Brazil). Next day i received again the same call from the same number so i decided to answer the call. The caller was calling on behalf of TAP and she asked to speak to me ( she game my full name plus my reservation code) and she then asked me if i want to buy an upgrade to C class.

I told her i am not interested and she kept saying that i will only pay 170 euros and i will have lounge access etc. I did tell her that i do not need to pay for all these as i am star alliance gold ( i do not think she knew what star alliance gold is...) and she was telling me how fantastic the experience is. On that point i told her that i will terminate the call and asked her to not call me back for any kind of upgrades.

In the meantime i got like 3 or 4 emails to bid for an upgrade! Is TAP so desperate? Has anyone received any similar calls? I have received same number of emails regarding upgrades from Avianca but never a phone call.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 7:38 am

I had one phone call last week from them
Old Mar 2, 2020, 6:15 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
And if you take an upgrade you won't get any more miles posted into any scheme other than TAP's own either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.