24 hour cancellation policy

Old Mar 4, 21, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by onewaylove View Post
ya im on a phone call now. thanks mate

Any luck? The representative on the phone seems adamant that I receive a refund in a form of a voucher instead of back on my credit card...
Old Mar 4, 21, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by elrednaxela View Post
Any luck? The representative on the phone seems adamant that I receive a refund in a form of a voucher instead of back on my credit card...
keep calling. I made about 5 calls to be connected to an agent that gave me an option to be refunded back to credit card
Old Mar 4, 21, 12:07 pm

After the 4th call, the rep gave me the option of refunding back to my credit card. However, after placing me on hold he said that since I canceled online, the refund will be automatically be issued back on my credit card. This contradicts the other reps I dealt with, who said I can only get a voucher. I guess I'll wait and see if I get a refund in the next couple of weeks, but I won't hold my breath.
Old Mar 4, 21, 12:16 pm

After the 4th call, the rep gave me the option of refunding back to my credit card. However, after placing me on hold he said that since I canceled online, the refund will be automatically be issued back on my credit card. This contradicts the other reps I dealt with, who said I can only get a voucher. I guess I'll wait and see if I get a refund in the next couple of weeks, but I won't hold my breath.
grab a reference number for sure.
when you cancel online, i noticed there is another step afterwards, which is requesting a refund. (read your cancel email thoroughly, there is a link there)
I get error when i try to go from there, but my guess is from there we have an option to choose voucher / credit card.
but I kept getting an error page, so I called and made sure I wanted to get refund back into my card. and I got a reference number.
elrednaxela likes this.
Old Mar 4, 21, 4:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Send an email / webform confirming your conversation. If you did not write town the name, list the time of the call.

Bear in mind that a refund is to the original form of payment, e.g. credit card. A credit is never a refund.
elrednaxela likes this.
Old Apr 20, 21, 10:09 pm

An update regarding this. I filed a USDOT complaint on March 4. Received a reply from the USDOT on March 23 saying they will forward the complaint to TAP. TAP replied to the forwarded email on April 13 saying that a refund had been initiated. Received a refund in full back on my credit card on April 19.

So I highly doubt TAP was actually intending on refunding me until USDOT was involved. I did file a dispute with my credit card company in late March but I havenít received any correspondence from them yet.

Lesson learned. TAPís 24 hour cancelation policy is bunk.
JDiver likes this.
Old Apr 22, 21, 6:56 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Lesson learned. TAP’s 24 hour cancelation policy is bunk.
Lesson learned. TAP = Take Another Plane

Search this Thread
Search Engine: