Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

SFO-LIS-MXP Schedule Change - Is 2 Hours Enough to Connect in LIS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2020, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Free agent, UA 1K, Bonvoy Gold

I booked SFO-LIS-MXP (TP 236/824) a few months back, with a generous 3:00 layover, given I've heard horror stories around immigration lines at LIS. I saw that they've changed the TP 824 LIS-MXP departure time and now my layover is only 2:00. It looks like TP 236 is often late, and TP 824 almost always goes out on time which means the time to connect could be as short as ~1:00.

How worried should I be that I'm going to miss my connecting flight? Is there any cutting of the immigration/security lines if there's imminent departure? I'll be in J if that helps.

Thanks!
Old Feb 3, 2020, 1:58 pm

LIS in the early AM is such a disaster (even when flying J) I got shuffled into the main line. My average wait was nearly 60-90 minutes and this was all during the winter season when I couldn’t fly direct to my destination.

One thing I have learned is to be adamant with the person who is guarding their fast track line. They will often pretend they don’t understand you / speak English and I’ve even shown them my onwards connection for them to tell me I was fine.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blondie85
LIS in the early AM is such a disaster (even when flying J) I got shuffled into the main line. My average wait was nearly 60-90 minutes and this was all during the winter season when I couldn’t fly direct to my destination.

One thing I have learned is to be adamant with the person who is guarding their fast track line. They will often pretend they don’t understand you / speak English and I’ve even shown them my onwards connection for them to tell me I was fine.
Is the fast track line for security or immigration?
Old Feb 3, 2020, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by bioyuki
Is the fast track line for security or immigration?
Immigration. I did a SFO-LIS-BCN last year on TP and was short on time. When walking into the main Immigration area, it is on your far right. Usually, there are airline reps yelling for connecting flights. I showed my onward boarding pass and it took about 10 minutes. The main line, I would estimate, would take 60-90 minutes if full.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by minhaoxue
Immigration. I did a SFO-LIS-BCN last year on TP and was short on time. When walking into the main Immigration area, it is on your far right. Usually, there are airline reps yelling for connecting flights. I showed my onward boarding pass and it took about 10 minutes. The main line, I would estimate, would take 60-90 minutes if full.
Cool. How does one access Fast Track? Is it a Star Gold benefit (I'm *G but my BF isn't), or is it a business class benefit (we're both flying J)?
Old Feb 4, 2020, 3:50 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Cool. How does one access Fast Track? Is it a Star Gold benefit (I'm *G but my BF isn't), or is it a business class benefit (we're both flying J)?
This is neither a gold or a biz class benefit. It's a priority lane for seniors/disabled/pregnant and unofficially those on short connections.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Palal
This is neither a gold or a biz class benefit. It's a priority lane for seniors/disabled/pregnant and unofficially those on short connections.
I know it's unofficial but how short do those connections need to be to qualify? I'm flying TP 236 today, and inbound TP 237 is at least 30 min late so it's not looking like a good start.

Last edited by bioyuki; Feb 15, 2020 at 9:59 am Reason: Clarity
Old Feb 16, 2020, 5:54 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
I know it's unofficial but how short do those connections need to be to qualify? I'm flying TP 236 today, and inbound TP 237 is at least 30 min late so it's not looking like a good start.
There's no official answer to that question - it's all about your persistence with the dragon at the end of the line
Old Feb 18, 2020, 2:57 pm

How did it work out?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.