Pre-ordering main course in business

Old Oct 15, 19, 3:03 pm
ksu
Original Poster

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Pre-ordering main course in business

I am travelling to the US through Lisbon next week. I have received an e-mail encouraging me to prebook my main course on the transatlantic leg.

Choose your meal

Pre-book your meal from among the 3 options available (meat, fish or pasta). Make your request until 24 hours before the flight.

The choice is not particularly exciting, one typical Portugese fish dish, a vegetarian pasta dish and veal. Certainly no SQ style book the cook, and apparently noe extra dishes apart from the ordinary choice onboard. I ordered the fish dish: Bacalhau Z do Pipo. This preordering is apparently only available on long-distance flights from LIS.

I haven't seen anything about this here. Is this a new policy from TAP?
Old Oct 16, 19, 9:32 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold
Originally Posted by ksu View Post
I am travelling to the US through Lisbon next week. I have received an e-mail encouraging me to prebook my main course on the transatlantic leg.

Choose your meal

Pre-book your meal from among the 3 options available (meat, fish or pasta). Make your request until 24 hours before the flight.

The choice is not particularly exciting, one typical Portugese fish dish, a vegetarian pasta dish and veal. Certainly no SQ style book the cook, and apparently noe extra dishes apart from the ordinary choice onboard. I ordered the fish dish: Bacalhau Z do Pipo. This preordering is apparently only available on long-distance flights from LIS.

I haven't seen anything about this here. Is this a new policy from TAP?
It's been in place for some time now:

Choose your meal

Check out the menu and make sure that the meal you want will be available! On each flight, 3 choices are available, which may be meat, fish or pasta dishes.

The meal reservation is available for long and medium flights in Executive Class, with departure from Lisbon and which are operated by TAP*.

It is also available for Plusgrade passengers, Stopover passengers and passengers changing planes in Lisbon whose travel includes an intercontinental destination.

Meals can be pre-ordered from 7 days prior to the flight date to at least 24 hours prior to departure.

*Meal reservation is available if your flight is during main meal time, on an Airbus aircraft, and if it is an international flight lasting longer than 2 hours.

It ensures that everyone can eat their first dish choice and reduces waste.

Old Dec 7, 19, 5:20 am

Anyone have the pre order menu for fligts to Brazil right now?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: