TAP in economy

Old Sep 6, 19, 3:47 am
Original Poster

TAP in economy

Can't find any trip reports of TAP in economy. I only used them 5 years ago shorthaul in Y and liked it but I was wondering about the longhaul experience. What can I expect on my flights: LIS-GRU is a night flight leaving at 11pm, GIG-OPO an evening flight leaves at 7.35 pm.
Old Sep 6, 19, 3:58 am

Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
You can expect decent food, seats vary by plane config. Expect lights to be on for a loooooooooong time because they take foreeeeeeeever to do service on long-haul flights.
Old Sep 6, 19, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Are there amenity kits or do I have to bring my own stuff? What about the galley: can you go there and get something? On my last two flight, one on KLM, the other on Emirates, the crew stared you out, getting a drink other than water or juice was also quite a hassle.
Old Sep 6, 19, 3:40 pm

We just flew LIS to YYZ on a new A330neo in Economy. The week earlier we flew YYZ to MUC on a new A359. Tap was way better. More legroom. Not thin seats. Better blanket. Better pillow. Better food. Better wine.
Old Sep 7, 19, 10:59 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold
Originally Posted by Thinksamuel View Post
Are there amenity kits or do I have to bring my own stuff?
No amenity kits in Y - as is the rule in the majority of airlines. Blankets and pillows will be provided, though.

Originally Posted by Thinksamuel View Post
What about the galley: can you go there and get something? On my last two flight, one on KLM, the other on Emirates, the crew stared you out, getting a drink other than water or juice was also quite a hassle.
Yes, they usually provide drinks and tiny sandwiches (except, IIRC, if it is a red-eye flight).
As for the crew and their attitude, it's a hit or miss.
Old Sep 15, 19, 7:14 pm

Recently did LIS-SFO in Y (Their Y+ product ?). Pretty good seats with good recline. The blankets and pillows were inclued though to be honest while the blankets were good, the pillows were 'meh'. The food was decent. The wine was outstanding. Service was 'decent'.

I've also flown them a handful of times in J - same thing - the seats are pretty good, though the legroom is a bit tight in the footbox when fully reclined. The food was really good, the wine, again, was outstanding. A good selection of reds, whites and port (as you'd expect...). They even have espresso onboard (most likely a Nespresso type machine).

The service was hit and miss - they weren't quite as polished as say a Cathay crew is, but they genuinely cared and were super friendly.

Search this Thread