Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

TAP Lounge in LIS closed 27 - 29 Aug 2019 - alternatives?

Old Aug 21, 19, 1:09 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG

Well this is just great.

I have a flight from RAK over LIS to ZRH on the 29th with a six hour layover in LIS and now the website informs me that the lounge is closed from the 27th ot the 29th.
Does anybody know what alternatives TAP will offer for that time?
Or will I have to just cozy up in the normal waiting areas and work there? (Anybody know a clam spot with electricity pugs?)
Old Aug 21, 19, 1:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, TAP Gold
There are 2 other lounges in LIS - ANA Lounge (which is right at the top of escalators, which you normally pass on the way to the TAP lounge) and Blue Lounge, which is near the lower numbered gates (7-13, I believe). Both are accessible using Priority Pass.

Previous to the TAP lounge, they offered access to the ANA Lounge, but not sure if this will be the alternative during this short closure period.
Old Aug 21, 19, 4:15 am

also in the same situation. 4hr stopover in Lisbon before flying to NYC I have send over an email asking for alternatives from Tap Customer support
Old Aug 21, 19, 6:58 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold
I have a flight on the 27th and sent an email to the gold email asking which alternatives would be available. The reply was that they regretted to inform that no alternatives would be available. I complained and would urge everyone to do the same.
Old Aug 21, 19, 7:08 am

terrible

what alternatives do we have? I don't want to be stuck with my cabin luggage for 4 hours
Nick Art likes this.
Old Aug 22, 19, 3:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, TAP Gold
Originally Posted by tff View Post
I have a flight on the 27th and sent an email to the gold email asking which alternatives would be available. The reply was that they regretted to inform that no alternatives would be available. I complained and would urge everyone to do the same.
Wow! I'm surprised you received a response! What email address did you use?
Old Aug 22, 19, 10:45 am

complained on twitter same response I have got a priority pass to use the Ana lounge
Old Aug 22, 19, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
given the mass of lounges closed permanently across the TP network, I guess it's fingers-crossed that the Lisbon one will reopen at all
Old Aug 23, 19, 2:32 pm
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold
Originally Posted by pnt1 View Post
Wow! I'm surprised you received a response! What email address did you use?
[email protected]

I do have my share of complaints about TAP, but they always reply promptly enough (ie, generally in less than 12h) to my emails.
pnt1 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 19, 8:05 am
Original Poster

I'm currently stuck at LIS on a 5 hour layover and obviously I went to see the closed lounge (will post picture of the sign later). I don't know what construction they are doing, but the lounge is essentially just empty and there is not a single sign of anybody or anything going on in the lounge.
As it turns out all the other airlines like Swiss, Lufthansa, SAS and co. have made arrangements with the contract lounge next door, just TAP didn't. And obviously TAP is also refusing to rebook me onto the earlier SWISS flight to Zurich. Great. I have now seated myself across Gate 20 waiting for my departure... I haven't spotted any electricity plugs so far either.

Together with my lost bags TAP have so far made a very poor first impression on me.
zayn81 likes this.
Old Aug 29, 19, 8:37 am

also stuck here waiting for JFK flight, pretty poor so far. I wish I had flown virgin or BA now

Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post
I'm currently stuck at LIS on a 5 hour layover and obviously I went to see the closed lounge (will post picture of the sign later). I don't know what construction they are doing, but the lounge is essentially just empty and there is not a single sign of anybody or anything going on in the lounge.
As it turns out all the other airlines like Swiss, Lufthansa, SAS and co. have made arrangements with the contract lounge next door, just TAP didn't. And obviously TAP is also refusing to rebook me onto the earlier SWISS flight to Zurich. Great. I have now seated myself across Gate 20 waiting for my departure... I haven't spotted any electricity plugs so far either.

Together with my lost bags TAP have so far made a very poor first impression on me.
Old Aug 30, 19, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zayn81 View Post
also stuck here waiting for JFK flight, pretty poor so far. I wish I had flown virgin or BA now
I'm sorry, shorthly after my post my phone and laptop ran out of power. Would have loved to go for a drink!

Search this Thread