Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > TAP Air Portugal | Miles&Go
Reload this Page >

ORD-LIS Flight moved causing Connection Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2019, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

So TAP has changed the ORD-LIS flight again on my trip. Now the connection time for my flight to Amsterdam is only 30 mins. TAP does not even offere that option on their website to purchase as I am guessing the time is too close but my reservation has not changed and is still has us on the 8:30 AM flight to Amsterdam when our Chicago flight is landing at 8 AM. What is the procedure usually here? Should I just call them and have them book us on the 1 PM flight to make sure I have a seat on that one or should I just wait it out to see if they contact me or let me try to make the 30 min connection?
Old Aug 19, 2019, 12:58 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by bwhit2187
So TAP has changed the ORD-LIS flight again on my trip. Now the connection time for my flight to Amsterdam is only 30 mins. TAP does not even offere that option on their website to purchase as I am guessing the time is too close but my reservation has not changed and is still has us on the 8:30 AM flight to Amsterdam when our Chicago flight is landing at 8 AM. What is the procedure usually here? Should I just call them and have them book us on the 1 PM flight to make sure I have a seat on that one or should I just wait it out to see if they contact me or let me try to make the 30 min connection?
I suspect that violates Minimum Connection Time. I’d call, because it’s far better in my view to call and secure necessary changes than throwing myself on the vagaries of an airline.
mmff likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 1:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you purchased the ticket from TAP, call them. Otherwise you're at the mercy of your OLTA or some other carrier if this is a partner award ticket.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses. I will just call them and get switched to another flight. It is crazy that I did not even get an email that the flight time changed.
mmff likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 12:20 am

Programs: UA Silver
Same here.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
We’re OK with connections as out generous 3 hour layover to OPO became 2, but I found out by mistake as TAP sent no notification. At least we get the new bird.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 10:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Thanks for the responses. I will just call them and get switched to another flight. It is crazy that I did not even get an email that the flight time changed.
How long in advance of your flight did TAP change the departure time?

We have an upcoming ORD-LIS-FAO itinerary. Our flight schedule currently remains the same as booked several months ago. But, I'm curious how likely it might be that a change still occurs.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 8:11 am
Original Poster

I'm not sure exactly when it changed but my flight is on November 27th so still a few months away.
FindAWay likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
I'm not sure exactly when it changed but my flight is on November 27th so still a few months away.
Oh, interesting! My flight is sooner. So, I'll definitely keep an eye out for changes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.